Having a beautiful, well-maintained lawn is something many people wish for. Anytime you spot such a lawn, there is always a lot of work and effort put into it. Mowing a lawn is one way of keeping it lush, inviting and attractive. To do that, you have to use a good lawnmower. Do you have plans to start have a lawn, or it’s your first time to own a lawnmower? You might be confused about which is the most ideal. Still, maybe you already own one but need to replace It due to various factors such as inefficiency or upgrading. No matter what your reason is, here is a review of the best self-propelled lawn mower available. We have highlighted their most crucial features, pros, and cons, to help you choose the most suitable one for you.
5 Best-Selling Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
Table of Contents
- 1. Greenworks Mo40l02 Cordless Self-Propelled Lawnmower
- 2. Black+Decker Lawn Mower (Mm2000)
- 3. Husqvarna 967820502 LE221R Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- 4. Craftsman M275 159cc
- 5. Powersmart DB2322S Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- self- propelled drive system
- product dimensions – 65.35” l x 21.65” w x 33.07” h | product weight – 21.65 lbs. | height adjustments – 1 3/8” - 3 ¾”
- durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- self-propelled drive system with variable speed rear wheel drive lets you easily maneuver and tackle any terrain | 3-in-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings
- dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower, saving you a trip to the garage | 7 position single lever height adjustment for quick and easy adjustments
Does your grass grow thick sometimes and it gets challenging to cut it? The Greenworks M040LOC self-propelled lawn mower will save you from troubles. Its speed is adjustable, meaning you can easily set it to your preferred speed. If your lawn is vast and you can’t finish mowing it without the battery running out, the Greenworks M040LOC self-propelled lawnmower has a space specifically for storing another battery and extend its operational time. Is your space limited? The lawnmower can be stored in a vertical position, reducing the amount of space it would cover if it were placed in a horizontal position.
Its 21-inch cutting deck has a dual blade feature which makes cutting easy and efficient. After cutting your grass, you can place it into a bag as it is, or mulch it.
- a large, efficient cutting blade
- Extra battery storage
- Saves on space during storage
- Battery run time not very long
- push mower with 13-amp motor for ample power in any overgrowth
- 20-inch 3-in-1 electric mower is great for mulching, bagging, and side discharge for multiple mowing modes
- edgemax deck design of the push lawn mower is made for close up to the edge cutting
- single lever easily adjusts the height of cut with 7 settings between 1 1/2 inch- 4 inch
The BLACK+DECKER Lawn Mower (MM2000) is ideal for both medium and large-sized lawns, thanks to its 20 inches cutting blade. It is a 3 1 unit, allowing you to cut, mulch, and put the grass in a bag, using the same machine. Its cutting heights range from 1.5 to 4 inches and are 7 in total. The mower has a 13-amp motor, which makes it suitable for cutting even the toughest of grasses, with much ease when you first buy it, you won’t have problems assembling, it’s pretty easy and straightforward. Its handle is foldable, making it not occupy too much storage space. When it comes to user’s safety, the BLACK+DECKER Lawn Mower (MM2000) beats all the mowers on this list. It has a shield that protects the operator from debris that may shoot from the cutting blade. Before starting it, a user has to press a safety button, before the throttle can be engaged. It also has a bail handle that makes it possible to stop it instantly.
- Does not produce smelly fumes since its electric
- Mulches grass to fine pieces
- Has crucial safety features
- Has a lot of plastic parts that make it less durable
- It requires several power outlets when mowing a large lawn, since its corded
- 40v battery mower offers cordless push-button startups with plenty of power and no engine maintenance
- self-propelled mower makes it easy to tackle lawn work with power and maneuverability
- 3-in-1 cutting system allows you to choose between bagging, side discharge and bioclip mulching
- husqvarna 21 in. battery self-propelled lawn mower is ideal for small to medium yards with obstacles and tight spaces
- power source type: battery powered
When you mention outdoor machines, Husqvarna will always be on top of the list. The company has been in existence since 1689 and has continued to manufacture powerful and durable outdoor machines, getting better and better over the years.
If your yard has several obstacles like trees and other debris, it might be very stressful to use a corded lawnmower. A battery-powered one, like the Husqvarna 967820502 LE221R Self-Propelled lawn mower is more suitable. It has an ergonomic design and is made of steel, which makes it very durable. It has a two-battery feature, which ensures that you don’t have to leave some parts of the lawn unmowed.
The mower has a 3 in 1 feature, enabling mowing, mulching, and grass collection. It’s possible to adjust the cutting height, meaning you can do it precisely to your liking.
- 3in 1 feature
- Adjustable cutting height
- Suitable for lawns with obstacles
- Not suitable for mowing large lawns
- save time when cleaning your deck’s underside to prevent rust or waste build up | includes self propelled mower, one bagger, one v20* lithium ion battery, one charger & one engine oil
- product dimensions – 36.56" l x 17.75" w x 17.75" h | product weight – 86.8 lbs. | start type – electric start | cut height – 1.25” to 3.75” | cut width – 21” | motor brand – mtd products | horse power – 159 cc
- choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs. whether your lawn needs a light trim or a full cut, there is a right setting for you
- move around your yard with less effort at the propulsion speed of your choice allowing you to have optimal command and control of the mower
- easy assembly required | unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities. this gas mower is versatile and works with you to get the job done
The Craftsman M275 159cc has an electric start feature, which makes it easy and fast to start. Starting gets even easier, thanks to its automatic choke. It has large stable wheels which makes it suitable to use even on sloppy terrain. A lawnmower, just like any other machine, needs frequent washing, but sometimes it gets difficult. With this lawnmower, you can easily attach a hose and wash it efficiently. It has a dual lever design, which makes it easy to adjust its height. It is easy to assemble; when you buy it, you don’t need to involve a mower expert to assemble it for you.
Its cutting height is adjustable, making it possible to trim your grass to your desired length.
- It has an electric start
- Easy to assemble
- Has a deck wash
- Has a 3in 1 feature
- Its height is adjustable
- It’s pricey
- powered by 196 cc engine delivering the right amount of power in a compact, lightweight package
- easy pull starting
- 3-in-1 bag, side discharge and mulching capability allows you to spread grass clippings to the side, returning key nutrients to your lawn so your grass can grow healthy and thick
- 5-position height adjustment allows you to change the cutting height to easily cut grass, weeds and overgrowth, and the 11.5 -inch rear wheels make it easy to move.
- 2 years limited warranty
The PowerSmart DB2322S self-propelled mower features a 196-cc engine which gives it the power to cut even hard grass. You would expect that such an engine would make a lawnmower heavy. But that’s not the case with the PowerSmart DB2322S self-propelled lawnmower. It has a 3 in 1 functionality, which allows it to cut, mulch, and discharge the grass clippings back to the lawn. This makes it even more beautiful since the grass eventually dries up and becomes nutrients. Its cutting height is adjustable to up to 5 lengths, helping you cut the grass to your preferred height.
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty
- Powerful engine
- Adjustable cutting heights
- 3 in 1 functionality
- Its speed is not adjustable
Whether your yard is small, medium, or large-sized, you’ll need a functional lawnmower to cut the grass, since it will never stop growing. With several lawnmowers from different companies available out there, going through their individual features ensures that you get the right one.
Buying a mower, especially the first time, can be daunting and confusing. To make things easy, here are the most crucial things you should keep in mind, before purchasing one.
1. Size of Your Yard
Suppose you have a huge piece of the yard, it’s advisable to use a cordless lawnmower. The same case applies if the yard has several obstacles.
2. Type of Mower
Mostly, a cordless lawn mower will be quieter, and will not require a lot of maintenance, unlike a corded one. If you have issues with too much noise and endless maintenance, try as much as you can to get a cordless one.
3. Your Budget
You might be wondering whether it’s necessary to spend a lot of cash on buying a lawnmower. An expensive mower will have more features than a cheap one. It is also likely to last longer and be more efficient.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your yard is small, using a push mower will be okay. If it’s large, a self-propelled one will be much better, as you don’t have to use too much energy cutting the grass.
Pushing a self-propelled lawn mower won’t damage it. The only problem is that it might be impossible since the mowers are usually heavy.
A self-propelled lawn mower will last up to 10 years if properly maintained. However, other factors may affect how long it will last, such as the type of materials it’s made of.
Leaving grass clippings on the grass from time to time ensures that the soil remains fertile, and becomes of great use to the growing grass. The grass decomposes after some time, releasing crucial nutrients.