If you are an experienced gardener, you understand that some seeds require extra care and attention. This means you need to start your seeds indoors before transferring them to your garden, lawn or yard when they are ready. Doing this will ensure that you have healthy, strong and seedlings that are ready to be grown. Because of this, you need the best seedling starter trays.
Here are some of the best seedling starter trays that you need to know about.
5 Best-Selling Seedling Starter Tray
Table of Contents
- 1. KORAM 10-Pack Seed Starter Tray
- 2. 10-Pack Seed Trays Seedling Starter Tray
- 3. Seed Starting Kit With Dome
- 4. 10 Set Seedling Trays Seed Starter Kit
- 5. Growneer 12 Packs Seed Trays Seedling Starter Tray
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Seedling Starter Trays
- ☘ great for saplings & starters - with a 1.9" diameter, koram seedling trays are perfectly sized for starting flowers, herbs, and vegetable saplings like tomatoes and cucumbers, beans, peppers, eggplants, etc
- ☘ efficient transfer of heat - with humidity lid and base allow heat to easily penetrate and keep soil at consistent temperatures. ideal garden seed planter for indoor home and greenhouse use
- ☘ flexible plastic - allows for easy plant removal and convenient 6 cell packs make transplanting a breeze; thickened bottom edge material that can withstand the pressure, it would not lose soil or soak up too much water
- ☘ intimate design – drain holes at the bottom, conducive to the rapid growth of plants. the seedling starter trays fit into the germination station and it makes different types of seeds easily to sprout at different timesnts. the seedling starter trays fit into the germination station and it makes different types of seeds easily to sprout at different times
- ☘ ample supply - 10 x seed trays; 10 x watertight base tray; 10 x humidity dome; 10 x plant label; 1 x seedling dibber, 1 x seedling widger
Made of durable plastics, KORAM 10-Pack Seed Starter Trays are some of the best trays out there. Whether you want you to plant the same type of seedlings or divide them depending on the type of plants, these trays are the right choice. Unlike larger trays where you have to put all your seeds in one place, these trays will give each seed an ample time to thrive.
These trays are not only small but also come with six cells. This means you can comfortably place them on any shelf or table in your greenhouse or home. They also feature plant labels and seedling dibber. If you are looking for a safer way to start your seeds then they are the best.
- each cell measures 1.5" square by 2.25" deep
- drain holes at bottom of each cell. top quality.
- 720 cells, (will ship as 120, 6-celled trays). equivalent to ten 10x20 "flats".
- ideal cell size to transmit room temperatures for optimal root growth
- includes five plastic plant labels! (5" long).
As compared to other seedling starter trays these are the best trays to use if you want to keep an eye on your plants without interrupting the process. Featuring adjustable vents, these trays will help you regulate the humidity and the temperature of the seed environments so you can have enough control over your seedlings.
With the cells measuring 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches they are ideal for seeds such as vegetables, fruits, flowers, tobacco, and several other plants out there. To ensure that they work efficiently they also have a hole at the bottom to reduce the roots from over saturating and to allow for proper drainage. Since you can use them again they are the best trays to use if you are looking for a beautiful garden.
- seed starter pots - these starter trays are biodegradable. each cell is 1.75" square and 2" deep, overall 4"w by 10"l
- included - each peat pot kit includes 5 germination trays with 10 cells in each(50 total) and 10 reusable plastic plant markers - ***plant markers are not biodegradable***
- all natural - biodegradable and perfect for seeds, seedlings, vegetables, plants, and flowers these natural pots allow plant roots to naturally air prune as they emerge through the pot
- reduce shock - will eliminate transplant shock and help develop strong roots as the plant does not need to be removed from the pot when transplanting
- guarantee - we have a no hassle 100% guarantee refund policy, if you do not like the item simply return it for a full refund. you have nothing to lose. consider picking up extra ones and teach the kids how to grow their own food
Seed Starting Kit With Dome is a set of three starter trays that come with fiber soil so you donâ€™t have to worry about the soil. This means you just need to hydrate the trays and then insert your seeds. You can later transplant them when they are ready. Characterized by 10 cells each of these seed starting kits has up to 30 seedling cells.
Because they can comfortably fit on your windowsill you can use them to create more space and give your seeds the sun that they need. Even if you are not sure how to go about it they come with a few basic guidelines that you can use. More so, they are reusable thus you only have to buy fiber soil cells.
- keep and eye on your growth: the only design in the market- high quality clear plastic trays of this seed grow kit make it easy to observe your plants without interrupting the process.
- total control: adjustable vents of this seed trays allow you to regulate the temperature and humidity of your seedling environment, so you have total control over the growing process
- perfect size for seed starting: size of the cells: 1.5”in length and 1.5”in wide, these seed trays are suitable for small seeds, such as flowers, vegetables, fruits, tobacco and other plants.
- grow health and efficient：with drain hole at bottom of each cell for proper drainage, reduce roots oversaturating. reusable and a great way to foster a beautiful and healthy garden.
- what you get – mixc seed starter tray contains: 10 x seed tray, 10 x watertight base tray, 10 x humidity dome, 10 x plant labels (a must have for seedling)
By giving you the opportunity to choose the most suitable option, 10 Set Seedling Trays Starter Kit is a great seed starter kit that’s worth trying out. Unlike other starter kits, it comes with domes, 10 sets of trays, and bases that enable you to grow up to 120 plants with relative ease. The best thing about this kit is that itâ€™s fitted with transparent trays.
To help you regulate the temperature and humidity of the environment it has adjustable vents. As some of the best products out there if you take good care of them they should last longer. Besides, they are heat resistant hence can withstand very high temperatures. If you are looking for the perfect trays, you can start out with these ones.
Whether you want to start succulents, herbs, flowers, potatoes or other kinds of seeds these are the perfect starter trays to use. Featuring a drain hole at the bottom these trays will ensure that your seeds get proper to breathe and drainage. With their clear lids, you can observe your seeds without interfering with the process.
Further with their adjustable humidity control, you’ll not only reduce water evaporation but also keep your seedlings moist at every time. They are the best option for starting the seeds before transplanting them. You can use them outdoors, for garden seed planters, greenhouse and for indoor gardening.
With so many seedling starter trays currently in the market, choosing the right one can be a challenge. With these factors, you should have an easy time choosing one for your needs.
While most seedling starter trays feature a dome, the question you need to ask yourself is whether the dome is large enough. Since some plants may outgrow the dome it’s important to choose the type of dome that can accommodate all the plants that you want to grow.
2. Cell size
Depending on the type of plant that you intend to grow you also need to think about the size of the cell. While larger plants require large cells to provide them with enough space small plants only need small cells. You, therefore, need to consider the size of the cells.
3. Cell number
This is also another important thing to think about. Based on the number of plants that you want to grow you need to choose the number of cells that can comfortably accommodate all these plants.
4. Growing medium or soil
It’s also important to check if your seedling starter tray comes with a growing medium. The best starter trays are the ones that come with fiber soil. Choosing with soil also means that you only need to hydrate it and start right away.
When shopping for the best seedling starter tray, it’s important to choose the ones made of superior long-lasting materials that you can reuse again and again. While these materials may be costly they’ll save you a lot of money in the long run.
6. Education appeal
If you want to encourage your children to become gardeners in the future then you need to choose starter kits with education appeal. These kits are not only fun but also have all the information that they need to learn.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are garden tools that are meant to grow seeds from the time of germination up to when they are ready to be replanted. Coming in the form of trays, these starter kits will ensure that every seed gets enough water and nutrients. With a variety of them in the market, you can always get the right one for your needs.
Apart from providing your seeds with the best environment to thrive, you can use them to grow different types of plants. Since a single plant costs a lot of money you can save a lot of money by growing a pack of seeds.
If you are just starting you need to choose reliable plants that are easy to grow. Some of these plants include tomato, flowers, pepper, and cosmos seeds. Once you’ve known what you are supposed to do, you can go for more challenging plants.
If you want to get the most ideal dates, check your growing calendar.
If you want to be sure, go for seedling starter trays that come with fiber soil. This type of soil not only has the right nutrients but also holds moisture quite well.
If you want to get a head start this growing season, germinating your seeds indoors is the best way to go. Since most seeds are fragile they require the right environment, humidity, and proper temperature for them to thrive. With the best seedling starter trays, you do not have to worry about a cold spell or surprise weather. So, go ahead and choose any of the above to give your seeds a chance to grow into healthy and strong plants.