If you have a gas-powered lawnmower, a gas can come in handy and is a crucial accessory. You’ll have a safe can to put in gas for refilling your mower when it runs out of gas and for storing extra gas too.
5 Best-Selling Gas Cans for Lawn Mower
Table of Contents
These cans are specifically made for gas storage and have safety features to avoid ignition or spillage. They are also easy to use, which further enhances safety when adding gas to your mower. Here is a review of the best gas cans for a lawnmower, with their features, pros, and cons.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Gas Cans for Lawn Mower
- this product adds a great value
- product is highly durable and very easy to use
- this product is manufactured in the usa
- 5 gallon gasoline safety can with poly yellow funnel
- 100% leak tested, ul and ulc listed and fm approved
When it comes to safety, the Eagle UI-50-FS Gasoline Safety Can is the perfect option to go for since it is made particularly to store flammables.
It is made of highly durable galvanized steel, meaning it will last for years to come without problems. It comes with a comfortable handle that makes carrying easy.
This can have been approved by several bodies such as FM and has been listed by UL and ULC. That alone gives assurance that the can is safe to use and will not pose any risks or dangers to you.
Additionally, it has a powder coating, which not only makes it look good but protects the gas from various elements and evaporation.
It also features a spill-proof yellow funnel that ensures no fuel is wasted when putting gas on your lawnmower.
- Durable steel construction
- Approved by several bodies
- Spill-proof funnel
- Large volume (5 gallons)
- It May be heavy to lift
The Justrite Galvanized Steel Safety Can have a 5-gallon capacity, which holds enough gas to run your mower for several hours without the need to keep on refilling it.
This can offer a lot of flexibility since it can be used to store different kinds of fuels such as kerosene, diesel, and gasoline. You only need to clean it to get rid of the previous fuel before use.
It is made of high-quality galvanized steel that is durable, and won’t get worn out, and need a replacement any time soon.
Its squeeze trigger is easy to use, which enhances fuel control.
Something else awesome about this can is that it has a flame arrestor that prevents ignition and corrosion of the can by dispersing heat.
On top of that, it has a powder coat that resists chemicals and keeps the can safe, despite the condition it stays in.
Additionally, its lid is self-closing. This helps prevent gas wastage through vapors and spills.
- Has a flame arrestor
- Closing lid
- Powder coat for protection
- Large capacity
- It can be used for different types of fuels
- If you don’t handle its handle with care, it might break
- It doesn’t come with a funnel
- self-venting with a flexible spout that rotates to fit into any machine that needs filling
- thumb trigger makes for easy, controlled, no spill pouring
- hand grips make for less hassle when filling your machine
- child proof cap keeps curious little ones safe
- tested for up to 60 psi in high heat and for -40 degrees fahrenheit
The Surecan Gas will carry up to 2.2 gallons of gas, making it a perfect accessory for small lawns. The small capacity makes it easy to carry. You don’t have to spend too much energy on it.
When it comes to safety, this gas can is topnotch. It has a thumb trigger that prevents spillage and enhances better control. Additionally, it has a childproof cap that ensures aggressive children are not exposed to dangers that may arise with poor handling of gas.
Its hand grips make it easy to refill it. On top of that, it has a nozzle and a trigger that further eases up gas refilling.
- Easy to carry
- Has a thumb trigger
- Childproof cap for safety
- Not suitable for large lawns
- You can’t know when it’s almost getting full when filling it up
- durable hdpe
- virtually eliminates hydrocarbon emissions
- exceeds california air resource board (carb) and epa requirements for portable fuel containers
- holds 5 gallons of gas and oil mixes
- two handles for easier use and handling
The Midwest Gas Can hold up to 5 gallons of gas. It is made of HDPE plastic that eliminates possible hydrocarbon emissions.
This can meet CBA requirements and is CARB-approved. When having it, you can always be sure that you’re using something that is of high quality and doesn’t expose you or your property to dangers.
It also features perfectly sized and well-placed handles that make it easy to carry. Additionally, this can has solid caps that prevent spillage when it is in storage or even on transit.
- Made of high-quality material
- Large storage capacity
- Easy to carry
- Its spout can lead to spillage if not properly handled
- thumb button control for precise pouring
- 7/8-inch funnel spout fills even the smallest equipment
- attached dust cover keeps your spout clean
- integrated 20 mesh stainless steel screen
- carb and epa compliant
The No-Spill 1450 5-Gallon gas can is wide, a feature that gives it stability and prevents toppling over. Its neck is wide enough to let you see the amount of fuel you’ve put in. it releases 3 gallons of gas in a minute, making it one of the cans with a high flow rate.
On top of that, it has a dust cover that ensures no dust gets into the spout to make it dirty. Additionally, this gas can is EPA and CARB compliant, meaning its safety is of high level.
It also has an auto-stop feature that prevents gas overflow.
- Fast flow rate
- It has a dust cover
- EPA and CARB compliant
- Auto-stop feature
- It has a slanted nozzle, which can make it a bot challenging to transfer gas to certain mowers
Here are the factors to consider when buying a gas can that will perfectly suit your needs.
The size of gas can you need will be dictated by the size of your mower. The larger your mower, the larger the size of gas can you’ll need. Fortunately, these cans are available in different sizes, and you can always find one suitable for any type of a mower.
2. Safety Features
Gasoline is highly flammable, and if not handled with care, it can cause disasters. Get a gas can that has some safety features such as a flame arrestor and self-closing lid. You will always have peace of mind knowing that you don’t risk having fire hazards in your home.
3. Ease of Use
The last thing you can want to experience is gas spillage. It is not only dangerous; it also leads to gas wastage. The best gas cans are easy to use, with well-placed and designed spouts and triggers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gas can safely stay in a gas can container for five months if it is well sealed.
Ensure the place where you store the gas has ample ventilation and no flames. Avoid exposing it to the sun too.
If you store gasoline for too long, some compounds may evaporate, reducing its ability to burn efficiently.
Mixing old and new gas is safe. Actually, new gas will increase the burning efficiency of old gas since some of its compounds might have evaporated.
Gas cans provide the necessary safety required for handling gas. Don’t use any other container you come across to store gas, as it can pose hazards. A gas can will keep your fuel fresh and safe from spillage; you also won’t get tired of keeping on running to the garage with your mower to fill it up.