Lawn rust is a fungal infection that turns a lawn brown or yellow. It mostly affects grass when it’s in the slow-growing season due to stresses like drought or low mowing. A lawn is usually susceptible to many fungal diseases, one of the most common being rust.
5 Best-Selling Fungicides for Lawn Rust
Table of Contents
Lawn rust weakens the grass and makes it prone to other diseases, which might kill it easily. If you identify lawn rust in your lawn, the best thing is to get rid of it before it advances to a more serious condition that could result in grass death.
One of the most effective ways of getting rid of rust in a lawn is by applying fungicides. Here is a review of the best fungicides to get rid of lawn rust and restore your lawn’s health and appearance.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Fungicides for Lawn Rust
- systemic fungicide
- controls many lawn fungus diseases
- you may seed with this product
- covers 5,000 sq. ft.
The Jonathan Green 10233 Lawn Fungus will get rid of lawn rust and other fungal diseases in your lawn to restore its health and good look.
You may also seed your lawn together with this fungicide, and it won’t cause any harm to your grass.
A single package covers up to 5,000 square feet. If your lawn is bigger than that, you only need to buy several packages that will cover the entire lawn. Remember, if you don’t spray the entire lawn, you might not entirely get rid of lawn rust.
This product works very fast. It clears up the ugly brown patches in a lawn within two weeks of usage and restores its beauty.
- controls a variety of insects and diseases - sulfur plant fungicide is effective against rust, leaf spot, powdery mildew, chiggers, thrips, scale, and listed mites.
- use on fruits, vegetables, and ornamentals - product is approved for organic gardening and can be used on apples, beans, cherries, berries, peas, grapes, strawberries, and many more fruits and vegetables in your garden.
- use on animals - helps control fleas and ticks on dogs, horses, cattle, swine, sheep, and goats. can also be used to control depluming mites on chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, pigeons, and other game birds.
- greater efficiency - the extremely fine particle size contributes to a uniform film-forming layer, better adhesion and more even distribution of particles over fruit and leaf surfaces, resulting in greater efficiency.
- organic gardening - the active ingredient of this product is sulfur, which is a natural chemical that is required by plants for normal, healthy growth. our fungicide is approved for organic gardening and is safe for use around people and pets alike.
The Bonide Sulfur Plant Fungicide will get rid of rust in your lawn and is also suitable for use in the garden to get rid of powdery mildew, mites, leafspots, thrips, and scale
If you have animals, this product is also effective for getting rid of fleas and ticks and is completely safe.
This product is made from naturally occurring sulfur, which makes it safe for use by both plants and humans, and does not pose any health dangers.
It is an effective solution for killing lawn fungi that causes rust.
This fungicide has fine particles, which enables it to adhere properly on grass, effectively killing fungus. The small size of the particles also ensures it is uniformly sprayed for better results.
If you love using organic products, this will be the ideal option for you since it does not contain any inorganic substances.
- 100% organic and natural crafted blend
- provides ample insect control for weeks with continued protection
- available in a 24 ounce concentrate formula
The Dr. Earth Concentrate Fungicide is a safe, organic fungicide containing rosemary oil, cloves, peppermint oil, and other organic products. This fungicide will work on grass, vegetables, fruits, shrubs, and trees and is safe for both humans and pets.
It really works well on those annoying fungi that affect lawns, and its results are very fast.
To get rid of the fungi completely, you have to apply this product several times, as stated in the instructions.
It is also easy to apply since you only need to mix it with water, then spray it on your lawn.
- controls diseases caused by bacteria and fungi
- new formulation works well with hose end sprayers
- labeled for control of moss and algae
- contains 31.4% copper ammonium complex (8% metallic copper equivalent)
The Southern Ag – Liquid Copper Fungicide will control diseases caused by both bacteria and fungi.
Having compounds of copper in safe amounts, it will also keep away snails and slugs from your lawn or garden.
Apart from grass, this product can be used for fruits, vegetables, and ornamental plants to get rid of fungal and bacterial diseases like rust, blight, and leaf spot.
Applying it is easy; you only have to mix it with water and spray using a hose-end sprayer.
- fungicide: fungus control for lawns cures and prevents listed lawn diseases such as red threat, brown patch, dollar spot, rust, and more
- 30 day protection: protects against lawn diseases for up to a month
- use on: can be used on all lawn types
- rainproof protection: systemic fungicide is absorbed by grass and will not wash off
- coverage area: treats up to 5,000 square feet
When you apply the BioAdvanced 701270A Fungicide, your lawn will be protected from leaf rust and other fungal diseases for a whole month. Apart from rust, this product also gets rid of dollar spots and brown patches.
On top of treating various diseases in a lawn, it also prevents others from developing diseases.
Additionally, it is suitable for use in any type of grass. There are no exceptions.
One incredible feature about this fungicide is that it is waterproof. Even when it rains shortly after application, you don’t have to worry about respraying, as it sticks on the grass blades.
One packet covers up to 5000 square feet when you apply it the right way.
Don’t watch your grass develop brown patches while there is a solution. Use fungicides to get rid of lawn rust and restore the green color of your lawn, preventing the death of grass or invasion by other bacteria and fungi.
1. Size of Your Lawn
If your lawn is very large, you might need more than one packet of lawn fungicide. This is to prevent spraying it on some parts of the lawn and leaving others. If you don’t do that, you won’t get rid of lawn rust, and it will finally affect the entire lawn. Follow the usage instructions in the package and ensure you apply just the right amount. Some fungicides are effective when applied just once, while others have to be applied several times to completely eliminate the fungus.
2. Other Plants in Your Yard
If you have other plants in your yard, you might want to buy a product that is suitable for use in the grass and other plants. This makes sure you don’t buy several products to get rid of fungi for your plants.
Some fungicides are toxic to pets, while others are not. If you know it will not be possible to keep your pet off the lawn during the time of fungicide application and a few days after that, buy a non-toxic product that will not pose dangers to your pets. However, you might still use such products and prevent your pets from getting into the garden.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lawn rust is caused by a fungus that mainly affects grass when its growth has been slowed. It spreads by means of spores and causes the grass to turn from green to brown.
If lawn rust is not severe, it can go away without the use of herbicides. Just minimize shade from your grass. Application of nitrogenous fertilizer may also get rid of the fungus causing lawn rust. However, the only way to get rid of lawn rust from severely attacked grass is by applying fungicides.
Although lawn rust cannot kill grass solely, it weakens it and makes it prone to other diseases that might kill it.
To prevent your lawn from developing lawn rust, always apply nitrogenic fertilizers. Minimizing shade on your lawn is also a great way to keep off the rust. Still, always aerate your grass to discourage the growth of fungus since they prefer poorly aerated conditions.
Lawn rust affects only plants and not animals and humans. The only thing it does is leave residues on shoes or to the body if one comes into contact with it but it does not cause diseases or infection