As much as you may love cats, they can be a nuisance on your lawn, as they tend to poop and dig on it, leaving ugly, unpleasant sites.
5 Best-Selling Cat Repellent for Lawns
Table of Contents
Whether the cats making your lawn a mess are yours or not; it is possible to keep them off your lawn, using cat repellents. Here is a review of the best cat repellents to help in keeping your outdoor space clean and pleasant.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Cat Repellent for Lawns
- takes advantage of the predator-prey relationship and prey animals' genetically programmed instinct of fear
- non-toxic, organic method to reduce and often eliminate pest browsing problems
- provides an easy way to apply time-released urine-impregnated granules
- incredibly effective in repelling domestic and feral cats
Shake Away Granules is an organic product for repelling cats and is nontoxic. It comes in granules form, which makes it easy to spread on your lawn. The granules are heavy enough and don’t get carried away by rain water, making the product effective even during the rainy seasons. When you apply it, it will be effective for a whole month. You don’t need to reapply within this period.
It is made of fox and coyote urine, meaning its 100% natural, and not an environmental hazard. It is very useful when you follow the usage instructions.
- 100% organic
- Easy to spread
- Does not get washed away by rain
- Stays active for a whole month
- Not suitable for areas with foxes and coyotes as it attracts them
- effective & dependable outdoor animal, pest & cat repellent instantly scares cats and other animals away with a motion activated blast of ultrasonic sound and strobe lights - does not worry humans
- best deterrent for pest animals and wildlife - frightens animals and teaches them to avoid your yard and garden
- waterproof, lightweight, easy to install - dependable, maintenance-free operation on 2 x 9 volt batteries (sold separately). optional power adaptor also available.
- safe, humane animal deterrent - avoids the need for messy sprinklers, dangerous chemical deterrents, traps, and hazardous electric fences
- see instant results then purchase one for a neighbor or friend. free shipping to all us states!! we provide a 100% satistfaction guarantee and quality customer service. please contact us with any questions and we are happy to help
The PREDATORGUARD PestAway Ultrasonic Cat Repeller scares away cats by producing ultrasonic sounds, a predator alarm and an ultra-strobe light. It is very effective since it will detect a cat or any other animal such as foxes, rabbits and raccoons from getting into your lawn when they are 40 feet away.
It is a safe way of keeping cats and other animals from your lawn since its chemical free. This product is very easy to install. You’ll not need to ask for help from everyone if you follow the setup instructions.
It’s also suitable for a lawn since it is waterproof. You don’t have to worry about getting it indoors whenever it starts to rain or when watering your lawn.
This cat repellent is powered by batteries which last up to 6 months.
- Repels other animals apart from cats
- Easy to install
- does not come with a mounting pole
- humanely repels animals and pests: keeps animals and pests out of plants, yards and gardens using a harmless spray of water.
- unique day and night detection: the only deterrent sprinkler on the market with options for day only, night only, or 24 hour protection, giving you the flexibility to ensure the yard enforcer only activates when you need it
- stable design: simply press spike into soil or turf to firmly hold the yard enforcer in place.
- save water and battery life: includes sensing technology for optimum water and battery conservation; get over 7,500 activation cycles on just 4 aa alkaline batteries and as little as 2 cups of water per activation.
- intelligent sensing technology: sensing technology learns the difference between trees and animals, so your water will not activate every time the wind blows.
The Orbit Motion-Activated Sprinkler works by sprinkling harmless water to animals when they get near your lawn, providing a chemical-free mechanism for animal repellent.
Something incredible about this sprinkler is that you can choose to use it during the day only or night, or even 24 hours, depending on what time cats get into your lawn.
It is very easy to install. You only have to press in into the ground. There is no need for special tools or a support pole. It is also very stable and won’t keep on falling over.
Its sensors are also excellent. While other products will get activated when the wind blows trees, this one is able to differentiate between a tree and an animal, which saves water and energy bills in the long run.
It has an adjustable spray duration, and only uses two water cups per spray.
- Excellent sensors
- ‘adjustable spray duration
- Easy to install
- Adjustable time spray settings
- Does not differentiate people and pests
- keep pets away— prevent your curious feline friends from damaging your garden, digging up your houseplants, using your garden or container plantings as a litter box, and discourage them without hurting or harming them with the indoor/outdoor cat scat mat.
- safe pet deterrent — a humane solution that is free of any chemicals or toxins, the cat deterrent, keeps cats away from digging up areas, by gently pricking them and irritating/scaring them away, that too without causing any damage to your pet’s wellbeing.
- high-quality design — made with premium-quality plastic and blunt metal spikes, our scat mat for cats is harmless, durable, unbreakable, and a long-term solution. each pet repellent mat measures 8.2” x 6.2”, are suitable for almost all environments, while offering you desirable coverage.
- easy to use complete package — available in a large 24 pack, the animal deterrent mat comes with 6 garden pegs, and 2 gardening tools — an exclusive supply to make gardening an enjoyable experience. the scat mats are easy to install without requiring any special tools.
- multipurpose and versatile — with its simple practical solution, the efficient cat scat mat with spikes can also be used to effectively deter dogs, rabbits, domestic fowls, and rodents from your garden or vegetable patch.
The Cat Scat Spike Strips for garden provides a suitable way for keeping cats out of our lawn without posing any danger to them. It gently spikes them to discourage them from getting into your lawn, without hurting their paws. It is a safe method since it does not have any chemicals. The spikes are blunt and made of plastic, which makes them harmless. The plastic is also of very good quality, which means it will last long without getting damaged, and withstands extreme weather conditions.
It comes with 24 mats that are easy to install, without the need to use sophisticated tools.
Additionally, it repels other animals too, such as dogs, and rodents, making it a multi-purpose tool.
- Easy to install
- Long-term cat repellent method
- No maintenance
- Can cause discomfort to human if they step on them
- ☀effective-intense ultrnic signal to scare the dgs, cats, wild oars, mouse, bids and more other amals away from yor zone, house, garden, or yard more.
- ☀easy use&portable-it can be nted in ground with the proded spike, or hang on wall toug the back slot (with direct sunshinerecommended)
- ☀safe-no harmful chemicals or ticides, safe for human and pets. get rid of the unwnd pest and animals thugh eiting ulasonic, keeping the pests/anials away in hmane way.
- ☀solar powered & wateoof-wered by solar energy, cordless and rechargeable, high effency and loper comton,its watproof fution can prent wing, so you don't have to worry abootworkin because of rain water.
- ☀motion sensor - pir mtion snor dects vmnt ithin a 110 degree arc and at dince of up to 26 feet, acting the rellnt and itting ultrnic sound waes at a fruency of 13,500 - 23,000hz for 5 onds.
The Lucky Ultrasonic Repellent will repel cats, and other animals like dogs and rodents from your lawn, offering you value for money since you don’t have to buy other products to keep away these animals.
It works by detecting motion and producing ultrasonic sound waves and flashing lights to keep the animals away.
It is easily portable. If you need to change its location, you only have to hang it on a pole or a wall.
It offers a safe and human way of keeping away animals since it does not contain chemicals or other harmful products. It is also energy efficient, since its solar-powered. It won’t contribute to escalated energy bills in your home. Being solar powered also means that this repellent does not contribute to environmental pollution.
- Environmentally friendly
- Sola powered
- Easy to install
- It can’t differentiate between humans and animals
Don’t let cats mess up your lawn when several cat repellents are available to keep them away. These products are safe and will not pose any danger to you, your cat or any other pet in your home. You will enjoy a lush lawn with no cat poop smell or ugly sites from frequent diggings.
1. Type of Repellent
As seen above, there are several types of repellents available, ranging from granular, sprinklers and ultrasonic devices. Granular products are effective for repelling cats only. Sprinklers will repel cats and other animals as well, but they must be connected to a water supply. Ultrasonic devices will also repel cats and other animals too but need a source of power such as batteries, solar energy or electricity.
Cat repellents cost differently. Others are expensive, while others are cheap. Mostly, granular repellents cost less than sprinklers and ultrasonic devices.
3. Coverage Area
Each repellent device has its own coverage area. If you have a large lawn, you might need a device with a larger coverage area, so that it will be effective enough to keep cats away. A device with a smaller coverage area is suitable for a small lawn.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s possible to keep cats off your lawn completely, by using an effective repellent. After some time, they will actually avoid it after their frequent attempts of getting there fail.
Spraying water on a cat as a way of repelling it from your lawn is not abuse. After some time, it will avoid getting near the lawn to avoid getting wet.
Cats eat grass in a lawn relieve stomach upsets.
Cats may dig a lawn to hide their poop or urine and cover it with soil. They do this to hide their poop or urine scents from predators.