A lawnmower is one of the tools every person who wants to have a healthy lawn should invest in. A battery-powered lawn mower is ideal for a small lawn. Unlike a gas-powered one, it is easy to maneuver and does not produce harmful emissions.
5 Best-Selling Battery Powered Lawn Mower for Small Yard
Table of Contents
- 1.Worx WG743 40V PowerShare lawn mower
- 2.BLACK+DECKER 40-volt Lawn Mower
- 3. Greenworks 16-Inch 40v Cordless Lawn Mower
- 4.Greenworks 19-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower
- 5. Sun Joe 24V-X2-17LM 48-Volt 17-Inch
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
It is also better than an electric one since it is cordless. Here are some of the best battery powered lawn mowers for small yard.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Battery Powered Lawn Mower for Small Yard
- [torque on demand] patented intellicut technology adds power when the grass gets thicker, then allows you to dial it back down to conserve battery
- [7 cutting heights] the single-lever adjustment lets you pick the right height to accommodate different seasons and different preferences
- [same battery, expandable power] worx power share is compatible with all worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [cuts to the edge] the cut-to-edge design gets closer than other mowers to fences and landmarks on your lawn, for less trimming lawn
- [battery charge indicator] you’ll always know how much battery you have left with the on-board indicator. that way you’ll know how much more you can cut before you need to swap out batteries or recharge
The Worx WG743 40V PowerShare lawnmower has 6 different cutting heights, which lets you choose a suitable height, according to the season or state of the grass. If you have been using lawn mowers for a long time, you might be knowing hard it is to cut the grass near to the edges or fences. This mower has a cut to edge design, that saves you from the troubles, making your entire lawn uniform.
Its battery does not just run out. It will give you a warning before. Its handle is foldable, which makes it suitable for people who want to save on space. Its collecting bag has an indicator which will let you know when it’s almost getting full.
- Has a foldable handle
- It will notify you when the collection bag is almost full and when the battery charge is almost getting exhausted.
- Adjustable cutting heights for better precision
- It cuts grass even on the edges and near fences
- Some people complain of having problems folding the handle
- height adjust- 6 settings, with a height of cut between 1-1/10" and 3-1/10"
- includes (2) 40v max lithium batteries
- folding handles for easy & convenient storage
- 9.5 gallon grass box designed with a soft fabric with hard top. included components: (2) lbxr2040 batteries, (1) lcs36 charger; power source: battery
The BLACK+DECKER 40-volt Lawn Mower has 6 cutting heights, helping you achieve a precise cut for your lawn. A lawnmower occupying too much space is usually a call for concern for many people. This lawnmower has a foldable handle, which means it will occupy less space. With just a push of a button, the mower will start with much ease. Its cutting deck is rust-resistant, and won’t give you problems when cleaning. It has a 30 minutes battery run time, which makes it one of the best battery powered lawn mowers for small yards.
- It does not occupy too much space
- Has several cutting heights
- Rust-resistant cutting deck
The Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower has 5 different cutting heights and comes with a 4.0 v battery. It has a 2 in 1 feature that allows you to bag and mulch the cut grass. It is easy to manoeuvre around your yard, thanks to its 16 inches cutting deck. It is light, making it easy for you to use. It’s foldable, saving up on space and making transportation easy.
The lawnmower is very quiet. Your next-door neighbor won’t realize you are mowing your lawn unless they find you doing it. With a battery run time of 45 minutes, it is ideal for usage on both small and medium-sized yards.
- Has different cutting heights
- It is easy to store and transport since its foldable
- Easy to use as it is lightweight
- It’s not suitable for cutting long, overgrown grass
The Greenworks 19-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower has a 3 in 1 functionality, meaning it will cut grass, collect and discharge it. With a 40-v motor, you can rest assured it will cut even the toughest of grasses. Whether you want to cut high or low, the mower will offer you exactly that. It will cut grass to as low as 11/8 inches, and as high as 3 inches. It only weighs 65 lbs. you won’t have to put in a lot of pressure when using it.
- It is light, making it easy to use
- Has adjustable cutting heights
- Has a 3 in 1 functionality
- Does not come with a battery and a charger. You need to buy the two separately.
The Sun Joe 24V-X2-17LM 48-Volt 17-Inch has a runtime of 25 minutes, making it an excellent option for people with small-sized to medium-sized lawns. Its cutting heights can be adjusted to 6 different heights. Its 17 inches cutting deck ensure there is uniformity in the lawn. It comes with a spacious collection bag that will not need frequent emptying. When it’s almost full, there is an indicator that will notify so that you can empty it and avoid littering the lawn.
Its wheels are easy to glide, which makes it easy to manoeuvre around a yard. The mower does not emit any emissions, meaning you will not be contributing to environmental pollution.
It has two batteries that can be charged at the same time and will get fully charged within minutes. When you purchase it, you’ll not experience troubles in assembling.
- Easy to assemble
- Batteries charge within minutes
- lightweight which makes maneuverability easy
- Indicates when the collection bag is almost full
- Does not emit carbon emissions
- When you use it to mow thick grass, it might turn off, and you have to start it again
When you want to buy a lawnmower, there are always expectations that it will serve its purpose, and that you will not experience challenges with it. Unfortunately, that is not what happens every time. If you aren’t careful, you might end up with the wrong machine. Here are some of the factors to consider when shopping for a battery-powered lawnmower.
The functional capabilities are probably the most crucial factors to consider before getting a lawnmower. Does it have adjustable cutting heights? How easy Is it to operate? What is its battery run time? These are some of the features a good mower should have. if you don’t have a large space, you might consider getting a mower with a collapsible handle, to save on space
Mowers come with different prices. Mostly, battery-powered mowers are not expensive, compared to electric and gas-powered ones. Consider your budget and check the prices of different mowers to identify one that falls within your budget.
3. Why Do Most People Prefer Battery-Powered Mowers?
Battery-powered lawn mowers usually weigh less than gas-powered ones. this makes it easy to use them. They are also cordless, meaning you won’t have problems operating them even when your yard has several trees or is ununiform.
They are environmentally friendly, as they don’t use any gas. They also make less noise, making them a suitable alternative for people living in neighborhoods where noise is highly prohibited.
Frequently Asked Questions
A battery-powered lawn mower can last up to 10 years if you maintain it properly. However, lawnmower lifespans greatly rely on the model.
Most mowers have a runtime of less than one hour. That is why they are most suitable for smaller yards that don’t require too much time to mow.
Mowing a lawn encourages grass to grow horizontally, making it get thicker.
It’s not possible to increase the runtime of a battery. If your lawn requires more time to mow than what the battery lasts, recharging it or having an extra battery will be the only solution.