Mowing is one of the lawn care tips to maintain a teeming green turf. One of the best options to go for is a bagger riding lawn mower when mowing your lawn. Let’s face it! The bagger feature is a holy grail in most riding lawn mowers.
5 Best-Selling Bagger Riding Lawn Mower
Table of Contents
- 1. Greenworks 19-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower
- 2. Husqvarna Z254
- 3. Troy-Bilt 540cc Riding Mower
- 4. RedMax New RZT48 Riding Mower
- 5. The POWERSMITH PLM14021H 21inch 40V Lawn Mower
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
We have all been there; there is no greater daunting task than mowing and later having to go over your yard again to collect the grass clippings and dispose of them. With a bagger riding lawn mower comes a simplified process. There are plenty of models with varying designs in the market.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Bagger Riding Lawn Mower
- 7 position single lever height adjustment offers range from 1 to 1/4 inch to 3 to 1/2 inch cut height
- 19 inch steel deck offers with 3 in 1 design offers rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capability
- includes a 4 ampere hour and 2 ampere hour 40 volt li ion battery and charger, compatible with models 29462, 29472 and 29482
- compatible replacement blade model 29373
Greenworks 19-Inch 40V mower key features include:
- Mulch, side discharge, and bagging features
- Push-button (for starting the mower)
- Large cutting deck
- Comfortable high-back seat
Although this mower has a powerful engine, it is ideal for residential use and not for medium-sized or larger lawns. You can quickly start the engine with a push button.
The mower has an excellent maneuvering capability and is perfect in lawns with trees or other features or generally tight places.
With a single level, you can adjust seven cutting levels. It is worth noting that this mower is super silent.
- 26 hp kohler engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 mph
- a patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
- air induction mowing technology draws air from the top and bottom of the deck, improving grass and delivering a superior cut
- reinforced steel stamped cutting deck is made of heavy flat-stock steel for maximum durability
- clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
Husqvarna is an established name in the garden tools market. No surprise, this mower is part of the list. Some of the key features include:
- 45 inches cutting width
- 26 HP Kohler engine
- Mulching kit(attachment)
- Forward speech of 6mph
- 549lbs weight dimension
- Removable foot pan
It is a gasoline-powered lawn mower. Although it has front LED lights, it is extremely noisy; thus, it is not advisable to mow at night.
The 26 Hp Kohler engine ensures that the mower is robust, and besides, there are coolers set in place to keep the engine running efficiently.
It is a zero-turn mower, turning at 180-degrees, the chances of overlapping are low.
- powered by a reliable 19 hp/540cc briggs & stratton intek engine and a foot-pedal automatic transmission
- featuring power and operator comfort, this automatic mower is ideal for mowing large areas
- soft touch steering and a mid-back seat for ultimate comfort
- equipped with a large 46-inch side discharge mowing deck and mow-in-reverse capabilities
- backed by a 2-year limited warranty
This mower is impressive; it can work on a quarter-acre lawn in just 20 minutes. Its efficiency also depends on the terrain. Besides, the fuel tank can hold enough for the task at hand.
With its sturdy nature, it can work even on uphill or grass with overgrown thatch. This mower is gasoline-powered.
Although it is not a zero-turn mower, it maneuvers easily. The key features include:
- 19 HP/540cc Briggs & Stratton engine.
- 46-inch cutting deck (you can switch between 5 different positions)
- Optional bagger and mulching kit
- easy to service, easy to operate and designed for the long haul, the rzt provides satisfaction year after year.
- cutting deck specs: cutting width: 48 in, cutting deck type: 10-gauge fabricated, cutting methods: collect/mulch/side discharge, cutting deck material: steel, deck thickness: 10 gauge, blade
- engine specs: motor/engine manufacturer: kawasaki, engine name: fr series, cylinder displacement: 44.3 cu.inch, cylinders: 2, engine cooling: air, power/fuel type: gasoline, engine lubrication type:
- drive system specs: transmission manufacturer: hydro-gear, transmission model: zt-2200, fan-cooled pumps: yes
- dimensions: base machine length: 75 in, base machine height: 40 in, weight: 592 lbs
This mower is part of the latest mowers with advanced capabilities. It has an adjustable deck to fit your preference. Besides, you have to bagger as a separate attachment.
The adjustable high-back seat guarantees your comfort throughout the mowing process.
Besides, it is a zero-turn mower preventing overlapping. Similarly, it is sturdy and robust to mow uphill. The mowing speed, of course, depends on the terrain.
The Key features include:
- powerful 23Hp Kawasaki Engine
- 48-inch wide cutting width (adjustable)
- Bagger attachment
- Powerful gear
- A maximum speed of 6mph
- durable 21" steel desk
- powerful 40v brushless motor delivers up to 40 minutes of run-time between charges (yards up to 1/2 acre)
- instant, hassle-free push-button start - forget about the hassle of gasoline and other laborious task associated with gas powered mowers
- 3 in 1: bagging, mulching, and side discharge capabilities
- single-lever, 6-position height adjustment from 2 3/8" to 4 1/8"
This mower has a 40V brushless motor ensuring that it can run up to 90 minutes. Besides, it has an expansive cutting deck with three in one feature. With an easy to fold handle, easy storage is guaranteed.
Key features include:
- A push to start button
- LED lights
- Bagger, mulching, and side discharge (3 in 1 feature)
- Powerful motor
- 21inch deck
- Comfortable seat
This bagger riding lawn mower has lots of benefits. It is a relatively low noise mower with excellent maneuvering capabilities.
Unlike a push mower, a riding mower comes in handy with many benefits. It not only saves you the much-needed energy while working on your lawn but also saves you time. A bagger function comes as an added advantage where all the mowed grass clippings are collected, leaving behind a neat and attractive lawn.
A bagger riding lawn mower is a costly garden tool; therefore, lawnmowers should go for the market’s best model. There are hundreds of bagger riding lawn mower models in the market, not to mention that they have different features and designs.
This wide selection of models in the market may confuse lawn owners when purchasing a riding lawnmower. To get your fingers right when choosing the best bagger riding lawn mower, consider the following:
1. The Bagging Feature capability
Although decayed grass clippings could potentially add nutrients to the soil, grass clippings and thatch lying on your lawn after mowing could be an irritating site. They could also choke the developing grass. An alternative to using a mower that will side discharge the grass is using a mower with a bagger.
Riding lawn mowers with a bagger are a perfect fit when you want to leave a clean yard after mowing. Simply put, a bagger is a large bag that collects and stores all the clippings during the mowing process. You, however, have to empty the bagger occasionally.
There are plenty of bagger model options available in the market, and thus you will have to pick the one that fits well with your mower. Besides, the bagger sizes also range from small to large. You can opt for a bag as large as 16 gallons in case of a very thick thatch layer.
2. The Cut Deck Width
The bagger riding mower’s cut width ranges from small to large. It could be as short as 14 inches or as large as 50 inches. The mower you opt for depends on the size of your lawn. The small cutting width is ideal for a small or medium yard. On the other hand, a large cutting width is suitable for large yards.
3. Back Seat Status
With a bagger riding mower, you will no doubt spend a lot of time on that seat. The seat should provide you with comfort. Some of the best picks have adjustable seats. A comfortable high back seat will protect you from fatigue or back pains, especially if you are working on rough or hilly grounds.
4. Engine Power
Depending on your preference, you can either go for the electric-powered or gas-powered mower. The latter is not that eco-friendly, but it’s robust. High engine power increases work efficiency, thus making the whole process easier.
5. The Transmission Option
A mower can either use the manual, automatic, or hydrostatic transmission option. Manual mowers are challenging to use because you have to keep switching between gears. Manual mowers are, however, cheaper to purchase.
Automatic and hydrostatic transmission options are more comfortable to use. Automatic mowers use a gas pedal, while hydrostatic mowers use fluid to transmit power. Most lawn owners prefer hydrostatic machines for their smooth ride, especially while mowing on rough terrain. The only downside with the hydrostatic option is that such machines are costly.
It’s important to read the manufacturer’s manual for specific instructions and safety warnings. Besides, good maintenance increases the life expectancy of any machine.
Some of the maintenance tips include regular changing of oil and cleaning of the carburetor. You should also lubricate all the moving parts to prevent wear and tear or even rust.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, lawn size matters. Small to medium lawns are suitable for baggers. For large lawns, it will be cumbersome.
Yes, especially if you live in residential neighborhoods, do not ignore their need for silence- early mornings, late evenings, and nights as well.
The models comprise automatic to manual ones. If you are on a low budget, go for manual ones, and if your pocket is okay, for automated ones, which will come with greater comfort and convenience.
This article has some of the best bagger riding mowers. Nevertheless, the market is rich with a variety of choices. When purchasing a riding mower, always enquire whether they sell the bagger separately or as part of the package. A riding lawn mower is an expensive investment; thus, you should evaluate the choices well before making your pick.