Indoor plants can be a game-changer in interior design and decoration. Not only they help purify the air but they surely add a vibrant and green thumb to your house. Yet, with our busy lifestyle, taking care of these plants can be a daunting task.
With that said, we have compiled together with the top 5 self-watering pots for indoor plants available on the market.Â
5 Best-Selling Self-Watering Pots for Indoor Plants
Table of Contents
- 1. Aquaphoric Self Watering Planter
- 2. HB Self Watering Self Aerating High Drainage Planter Pot
- 3. Misco Self Watering Planter
- 4. Lechuza Cube Cottage Self-Watering Planter
- 5. AeroGarden Harvest Elite Self Watering Planter
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Self-Watering Pots for Indoor Plants
- visit our store for great gifts! - click on the blue window garden link at top of page*** foolproof – it’s self watering! the handy water level indicator lets you know when and how much to water your indoor house plants.
- includes fiber soil – all you need is a plant. superior growing medium because roots breath better so all plants live longer. works great for fickle plants like herbs, african violets and succulents.
- less watering – watering is reduced to weeks instead of days. now you can go on vacation and come back home to vibrant, alive plants.
- plants love it! – the aquaphoric planter pot supplies constant water and plenty of root zone oxygen, which means lush growth, greater yields, and more flowers.
- easy & elegant – grow a lush indoor garden, no green thumb needed. sleek lines and vibrant colors are sure to compliment any décor. makes a great gift too!
This is an ideal option for beginners in the planting realm. This indoor self-watering Aquaphoric pot will help you stay in track with the watering level and make sure that your plant is alive. The water level indicator is practical and easy to apprehend. It will indicate when the soil is dry and there is a need for water.
- Water level indicator.
- Ideal for newbies.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- self-watering, 2-weeks+ deep reservoir: no more troublesome wicks that clog and stop working. our patented design incorporates an integrated self-watering feature into the body of the planter. hollow legs reach down into the reservoir to allow the soil itself to draw moisture naturally while lifting your plant above the water, keeping its delicate root system from being constantly flooded, minimizing upkeep while eliminating common problems associated with other planters and with over-watering.
- self-aerating, prevent rot & mold & fungus: open slats integrated into the body of the planter are designed to maintain oxygen circulation through the soil and around the bare root, minimizing the risk of rotting, mold, and smelly fungal growth that plague other self-watering planters. keep your plants healthy, and keep your home healthy as well.
- easy to refill, no more overflow: each planter comes with an easy to use clip-on watering attachment (found inside the lower reservoir saucer) to make it easy for you to water your plants. fill up the deep reservoir directly instead of pouring water through the planter and risking an overflow. leave it on for ease of use, or clip it on when necessary to maintain a sleek modern look.
- minds your floor and carpet: the integrated deep reservoir dish is designed with studs on the bottom to lift the entire planter away from your floor and to prevent circular water stains typical of other flat-bottomed planters.
- smooth gloss finish: safe 100% uv stabilized plastic & uv resistant pigment. intended for indoor and outdoor use, the planters are 100% bpa-free, made from uv stabilized polypropylene (pp) plastic while the pigments are uv resistant and part of the plastic material, not painted on. polypropylene planters are safe and do not leach chemicals into the soil or water, will not become brittle under the sun, will not fade, or become patchy, or peel.
With such a sleek design, this pot allows free airflow between the water vessel and the plant itself. The hollow legs extend down to the vessel permitting the soil to draw the moisture in a natural and concise process. In this way, it will prevent overwatering and plugged wicks.
- Self-watering and self aerating system.
- The reservoir is easy to refill.
- It comes in different size ranges from 6in up to 12 in diameter.
- plastic self watering pots: water plants at the roots where they need it most; eliminate guesswork – know how much to water; quickview lip shows water level; flared rim; prevent overwatering & root rot with proper drainage; healthier growing with better aeration, indoors & out planter self watering;
- decorative planter pots: herb garden planter patio planter for plants has a built-in reservoir which gives moisture up to 2 weeks; ventilation simulates how plants grow in ground; easy care for when you’re away or on vacation; lightweight urn planter set, 100% polypropylene; made of part recycled material
- great anywhere: round pot holder for live plants indoor plants and outdoor, flowers, house plants, artificial plants, faux plants, and other vegetation; round succulent planter pot set makes a great housewarming gift, happy birthday, christmas or other holiday present; pot planter big planters perfect plants container & décor for home, apartment or dorm, cute for garden, front or back porch, window sill, patio, balcony
- round planter: made in usa; 6.8”w x 5.25”h; 4.6”w x 4”d at bottom; not too small planters small planter pots self watering pots flower planter; perfect size for large round planter aloe planter tall plants;
- potting planters set includes: (4) plant spa self-watering 6.8” planters by misco, model 754/12-312us, creamy parchment, new
Misco self watering planter has a simple and sleek design. The pot is lightweight and suitable to place anywhere inside your house.
The water reservoir at the bottom draws moisture directly to the roots of the plants for up to 14 days, ensuring a healthy and effective root growth.
- Affordable price.
- Classic and neat style.
- Large reservoir (up to 2 weeks hydration).
- cube cottage is the perfect planter for large plants
- made in germany of durable frost and uv resistant pp plastic for indoor or outdoor use
- self-watering system features inorganic granulate compounds that provide the right amount of water to plant roots
- drainage plug to allows for the removal of excess rainwater when installed outdoors
- a water-level indicator lets you know when it is time to refill the reservoir
This self-watering planter is suitable for large plants. With a great combination of practicality and refinement, It incorporates mineral granulate compositions that offer the precise quantity of water needed.
It also features a water level indicator that shows when your soil is dry. The planter is from German production.
- Square-shape design.
- UV resistant.
- Quality and durable pp Plastic.
- includes gourmet herb seed kit (6 pod) genovese basil, curly parsley, dill, thyme, thai basil and mint & nurtured by all natural, chemical free miracle gro plant food (enough for a full season of growth)
- plant to plate up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches tall with this indoor garden; grows in water no soil, no mess, made simple
- easy to use: digital display control panel includes vacation mode to keep your hydroponics growing system thriving when you're out of town and advanced garden settings for optimized growth
- led grow lights: high performance, full spectrum 20 watt led high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- in home garden system :grow fresh herbs & veggies all year round in this indoor herb garden; always fresh, always local, always in season
Unlike the previously mentioned, this planter has a pretty unique and advanced design. The Aerogarden Harvest Elite incorporates both a blend of self-watering systems and hydroponics.
This blend ensures that your plants remain hydrated and grows healthy. You can use this planter when you are on a vacation or away.
- Grows 6 plants and more simultaneously.
- LED grow lights
- Stylish and attractive design.
There are various aspects to look at when purchasing the best self-watering pots for indoor plants. Everything, including design, size, functionality, price, and more, varies from one planter to another. For this reason, acknowledging these factors might help you narrow down your list to the right one.
The number and the type of plants you desire to have will determine the size of the pot. Small pots are usually ideal for flowers (preferably single type of flower) or a certain type of herbs.
While big large pots or multi-pockets pots can accommodate different plants at the same time. In this aspect, we can also mention that the shape of the pot is also important in terms of location and how much space needed.
All in all, make sure you have the right scope when it comes to the size and shape of the pots in order to match and accommodate your indoor.
2. Drainage Cells
Another important factor is the drainage cells. You have to ensure that the planter incorporates a permeable water container to avoid any rotting or decomposition of the roots.
When it comes to design, there is a sheer number of choices from which you can choose. However, we recommend something that goes well with your indoor decoration and placement.
For example, Slender designs usually go well on counters and the windowsills. Whereas, square designs are often placed in the corners or in larges empty spaces to give a vibrant green finish to the room.
Hanging planters, on the other hand, can add a lively touch to your walls or spaces if they are well placed.
4. Water indicator
If you are new to planting, then this small evident water level indicator can be a great help. The indicator will showcase the level of water in the soil. If the soil is dry, the indicator will display a low level of hydration which will require you to refill the reservoir. They are usually easy to read.
5. Wicks type
There is mainly two types of wicks, the soil wicks, and rope wicks. The rope wicks are usually a medium that draws the moisture up to the soil.
The ropes are not fixed and can be arranged in a supple way inside the pot. Whereas the soil wicks depend on itself to draw the water. The soil wicks are usually recommended for plants that have a more substantial root system.
Frequently Asked Questions
These self-watering planters will guarantee healthy growth for your plants. They will ensure that your plants are receib=ng an adequate amount of water needed to keep them alive and looking fresh. They will also diminish the chances of fading when you are away.
A soilless combination of absorbent moss and perlite which is kind of obsidian that contains glassy globules will be a great deal. However, there are plenty of soil types you can choose from including coco coir, grow stones and more.
Thanks to the water reservoir that is usually placed at the button of the pot, the planter can maintain its healthy growth.Â
However, how the water is conveyed to the plant varies from one pot to another, and the type of wick used. You can check out the wicks types mentioned in the buyer’s guide for further details.
If you are using a water softener or fertilizer, there might a potential of minerals accumulations (salt for example).