Well-manicured and lushly looking lawns tell a lot about their owners. And if you are one of those who enjoy keeping their grass looking fresh, then we highly recommend reel mowers.
5 Best-Selling Reel Mower Lawnmowers
Table of Contents
- 1. American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 14-Inch
- 2. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools 2000
- 3. Fiskars 17 Inch Staysharp Push Reel Lawn Mower (6208)
- 4. Great States 815-18
- 5. Snow Joe MJ501M 18-Inch Manual Reel Mower w/Grass Catcher
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Featuring great designs and innovations, these handy and eco-friendly devices are becoming more and more popular. In this review, we have listed the top 5 Reel Mower Lawnmowers available on the market.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Reel Mower Lawnmowers
- 4-blade reel with a cutting width of 14” and durable 8.5” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability
- mechanical lawn mower with an adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75” with scissor action cut
- manual grass cutter blades made of heat-treated alloy steel that stays sharp for years
- environment-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers which is pollution-free and noise-free; low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use
- capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall
If you are looking for both quality and functionality, the American Lawn Mower Company 1204 is on top of the list. This reel lawn mower comes with 4 high-quality blades made of alloy steel. The material used allows the blades to remain sharper for a long period of time.
It also features 14 inches cutting width and a maximum 1.75 inches cutting height that can be adjusted to your preferences.
- Low maintenance.
- Adjustable cutting preference.
- Eco-friendly design.
- classic scotts 20 inch push no-motor manual reel rotary lawn mower features 20" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" dual tracking wheels
- quick-snap 1"-3" cutting height adjustment for a clean, even cut every time with this scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower
- blades on the scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- ergonomic handle with cushioned grip for comfort when using the scotts 20 inch 5-blade manual hand push no-motor reel lawn mower; easy, tool-less assembly
- lightweight and easy to operate; this engine-free, no-motor, classic manual reel hand push lawn mower requires no gas or oil
Scotts Outdoor Power Tools 2000 is one of the easiest lawnmowers to operate. This device comes with 5 spheric steel reel blades and easy to maneuver wheels tracking. It features 20 inches trimming width and an adjustable cutting height that ranges between 1 to 3 inches.
- Lightweight construction.
- Easy to use.
- Precise mowing.
- the smart design of our eco-friendly reel mower offers a cleaner cut without the hassles of gasoline, oil, battery charging, electrical cords or loud engine noise
- a combination of advanced technologies make the staysharp reel mower 30 percent easier to push than other reel mowers
- patent-pending inertiadrive reel delivers 50 percent more cutting power to blast through twigs, weeds and tough spots that would jam other reel mowers
Offering you both healthy and clean lawn cuts, the Fiskars 17 Inch Staysharp Push Reel Lawn Mower (6208) is another great choice to add to your list.
Featuring Inertia Drive technology, this mower comes with an excellent power push cutting and a hassle-free trimming. It has thick ground blades, large cutting width, and adjustable cutting height, reaching 3.5 inches.
- Stay sharp cutting system.
- Smart and eco feeding design.
- InertiaDrive Reel technology.
- the great states motor-less lawnmower with an adjustable cutting height of 0.5"-2.75" for a clean, even cut
- 18" cutting width 5-blade manual push mower with 5-blade ball-bearings, and 10" composite wheels
- push mower blades are made of high-quality alloy steel that stay sharp longer
- loop-style lawnmower handle with cushioned grips for comfort and maneuverability; easy to assemble without special tools
- planet-friendly and quiet motorless lawn mower design that is low-maintenance
Earning another spot on our list is the Great States 815-18 lawnmower. Ripping- and tearing-free, this mower offers clean and precise grass cutting, allowing your lawn to grow healthier and greener again.
This mower comes with 5 sharp and heat-treated steel blades and 10 inches width and quality wheels. It features a cutting height ranging between 0.5 inches to 2.75 inches, you can adjust it depending on your needs.
- Quick and easy to operate.
- Handles with a loop style shape.
- Lightweight and sturdy design.
- reel mower: powered with a push, this manual mower’s 5 sharpened steel blades cut a crisp 18-inch path in a single pass — no gas, oil or electricity required
- adjustable: 9-position manual height adjustment for cutting heights up to 2. 44 in. deep
- razoreel: 5 durable steel blades swiftly slice through grass for precise cutting
- maneuverability: dual wheel design and sharp harden steel blades ensures accuracy and cutting efficiency
- lightweight: weighs in at 30 pounds making it easy to use and manage.
Our list of the best Reel lawn Mowers can’t be complete without the Snow Joe MJ501M Manual Reel Mower. This mower stands from the crowd with its grass catcher, granting you a clean and unmessy lawn.
This grass catcher can hold up to 7 gallons. It is detachable and super handy. It also comes with 2 large 10 inches front wheels and 2 small 6 inches rear wheels. The mower features 10 inches cutting with and comes with 9 adjustable height positions for greater versatility.
- Comfortable and convenient grip.
- Rugged and durable wheels.
Unlike power generated mowers, reel mowers are less expensive and eco friendly. They require almost no maintenance, they are less noisy, and they are easy to operate, use and store.
Moreover, they do a great job in keeping and maintaining the healthy and lushness look of your lawn, since they don’t tear the grass from roots but rather cut it in a neat and precise way.
However, there are certain things that you should keep into consideration when purchasing the best reel Mower lawnmower.
1. Lawn size
The size of your lawn will determine the type of mower you need. If you have a lawn of 6.000 sq ft and more, then you probably should reconsider purchasing a reel mower and get yourself a power/gas generated mower.
Reel mowers are ideal for small to medium-sized lawns with a flat surface. That means it is suited for weekly trimming and cutting in order to prevent overgrown weeds or grass.
To give you an accurate example, a 2.000 sq feet lawn can take you up to 40 minutes of mowing operation, without forgetting the fact that you have to clean it for a neat appearance. Now, imagine doing that for a 10.000 square feet lawn, it will take a lot of time, effort, and energy to finish it.
In brief, reel mowers are the perfect selection for small to medium lawn areas that require regular cutting and trimming for a fresher appearance.
2. Types of Grass
Distinguishing the type of grass is important in purchasing the reel mower, especially in terms of blades. Dense and thick grass quality will demand a heavy-duty and a more solid blader. Whereas thin grass or weed will only necessitate light bladers.
3. Cutting Height and Width
If there is a major difference between the sheer number of reel mowers in the market then it must be the cutting height and width of each mower. Each mower comes with a specific and adjustable cutting height that you can fix depending on your needs and preferences.
As low as 0.5 inches a mower can go, the higher range of cutting can reach up to 4 inches in certain types of mowers. But generally, most of them have a maximum of 2.75 to 3 inches in height. Again, it depends on the type and the brand of the mower.
The width, on the other hand, is super important as it will determine how much you can do in less time. The wider the mower is, the more time you can save. But you have to keep in mind that wide mowers mean more weight and this ultimately can strain you out.
Reel mowers are ideal for a flat and even lawn. However, if your lawn has lumpy and sloped areas, then you may want to consider one that can perfectly help you with the angles.
Quality and sharp blades are a key aspect in reel mower. They make an important role in ensuring a durable and effective application. Blades should be made from high-quality heat-treated alloy steel for long-lasting use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reel mowers are ideal when it comes to the maintenance of your lawn’s health and growth. Unlike other types of mowers, they don’t tear and rip the grass from the roots which can make it exposed to pests and diseases. They simply make a clean and neat cut instead.
The short answer is yes. But, it totally depends on the types of reel mowers and blades included.Â
You just have to make sure that you brush off any grass and weeds cuttings. Also, You have to keep the blades clean and sharp. Store your reel mowers during the rainy season to avoid rust.
This depends on how often you use the mower. However, it is better to sharpen them after every 30 cutting sessions. If you feel like they are damaged and can no longer do the job, then it is time to replace them.
The grass catcher can be a great accessory as it will help you collect the clippings while mowing. Therefore, purchasing one can be a good deal, and can save you time and effort.