With the sheer number of different fertilizers currently available on the market, choosing the best one in terms of results and application can be challenging. Liquid fertilizers can be a great option for those who are looking for a rapid, cost-effective solution to their lawns.
5 Best-Selling Liquid Lawn Fertilizer
Table of Contents
- 1. Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK From Simple Lawn Solutions
- 2. Scotts 5420406 Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food Fertilizer
- 3. Organic Liquid Humic Acid GS Plant Foods
- 4. LawnStar Chelated Liquid Iron (32 OZ) for Plants
- 5. Ironite Plus Lawn & Garden Spray 32 oz.
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
In this article, we have researched and reviewed the top 5. Check them out!
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Liquid Lawn Fertilizer
- complete npk lawn food: 16-4-8 is the perfect blend of key macronutrients. this lawn liquid food turf fertilizer also contains seaweed & fish.
- contains high quality feed grade ingredients: nourish your lawn with pure liquid nutrients in a ready to use sprayer
- easy to use: designed to be easily applied. this complete nitrogen, phosphate and potash formula gives your grass greening & growth while providing nutrients for lush lawns
- all grass types: including bermuda, st. augustine, zoysia, buffalo, centipede, florida palmetto, bahia, fescue, ryegrass & kentucky bluegrass
- produced in the united states: 16-4-8 is manufactured in the united states of america, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
Earning the top spot for our list of the best liquid lawn fertilizer for your grass is Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK from Simple Lawn Solutions. This balanced liquid solution 16-4-8 has the perfect nutrients mixture your lawn will need. It comes rich in Nitrogen which will bring back the greenness and lush of your lawn. The solution is suitable for all types of grass.
- Seaweed and fish composition included
- Natural liquid fertilizer with no harsh chemicals
- Ideal for soil enhancement.
- scotts liquid turf builder lawn food contains the essential nutrients and feeding power lawns need for great results
- this 2-in-1 liquid fertilizer makes it easy to feed and water your grass at the same time
- apply this grass fertilizer to actively growing turf
- this lawn care product can be applied to any grass type
- one 32 fl. oz. bottle of scotts liquid turf builder lawn food covers 2,000 sq. ft.
The second liquid fertilizer is Scotts 5420406 Liquid Turf Builder. This liquid solution is another excellent choice for those who are looking for a healthy pump to their lawn. Thanks to its 2-in-1 feature, you will be able to water and feed your lawn simultaneously. The 946ml container covers up to 2.000 square feet. It’s easy and convenient to use and suitable for all types of grass.
- 2-in-1 active growing.
- Water and fertilize at the same time.
- Convenient design.
- versatile humic acid concentrate: this organic liquid humic acid, derived from premium leonardite, enables maximum nutrient absorption by directly reaching the roots, stabilizing soil ph and enhancing water retention.
- organic super fertilizer: enhance plant immunity, metabolism, and root development while facilitating the accumulation of chlorophyll, sugar, amino acids, leading to a more efficient use of nitrogen and potentially reducing fertilizer rates.
- compatible with all fertilizers: this top-tier humic and fulvic acid mix synergizes with all fertilizers except low ph or high liquid calcium ones, making it an ideal companion for gardens, houseplants, lawns, trees, greenhouses, crops, and pastures.
- easy application, remarkable results: mix the concentrate in water and apply as usual to the root base. any sprayer works, but a hose-end sprayer is best for larger areas.
- trustworthy and sustainable: gs plant foods is committed to delivering organic, cost-efficient, and easy-to-use products that consistently yield impressive results, perfect for various plant mediums. made in the usa
The Organic Liquid Humic Acid from GS Plant Foods can show fast and effective results. It is both obtained and oxidized from ground leonardite and lignite, correspondingly. Each 2 to 4 ounces of this 80% Humic acid concentration should be mixed with 1 gallon of water and applied on the 100sq feet area.
- Enhances water retention.
- Improve soil structure.
- A better microbial growth.
- different name, same formula - our best selling product, but now under a new name. lawnstar liquid iron still uses the same formula that our customers know and love. complexed (chelated) with sodium glucoheptonate makes for an efficient and more stable product that gives you results.
- revitalize your flowers & lawn: are your flowers, vegetables, shrubs, trees and lawn beginning to look like they’re losing their will? even worse, are they past that point and overrun with yellowing and dormancy already? iron deficiency is a common cause of these lackluster symptoms. thankfully, liquid iron treats these symptoms at their core, helping restore and revitalize your garden back to its former state!
- restores a healthy, deep green vibrancy: iron is a nutrient that plants rely on for many vital functions; metabolism, chlorophyll production, and nitrogen fixing to name a few. once applied, lawnstar liquid iron sends a 6% highly-bioavailable troop of these nutrients right to your plant’s base, which in turn immediately get to work on reversing the all-so-common leaf chlorosis that causes an unsightly yellowing of leaves--a precursor to a plant’s eventual death if left untreated.
- strengthens root development & stress tolerance: lawnstar liquid iron doesn’t just restore a natural vibrance and color into your plants... it promotes stronger root development, builds a stronger, stabler foundation, and improves stress tolerance as a result!
- free from edta: your safety is our priority. unfortunately, it’s often an afterthought in the world of gardening products. it’s one of the reasons we continually innovate and develop new technologies, formulating solutions that not only harness more effective results but safer ones too.
Not only is it affordable, but LawnStar Chelated Liquid Iron (32 OZ) for Plants is one of the popular choices when it comes to the best liquid fertilizers. With its multi-purpose properties, this liquid solution is suitable for all types of lawns, gardens, flowers and more.
Thanks to its rich iron composition, it will bring back that green thumb to your lawn, making it look fresh and greener than ever. It also helps improve roots growth and enhances stress tolerance.
- EDTA-free, replaced by a sugar-based chelating agent.
- Stable alkaline soil.
- Restore the fresh green color of your lawn.
- nothing greens and grows like ironite!
- contains 1% iron for greening
- greens up quickly
- npk 6-2-1
- will not burn
Finishing up this list with Ironite Plus Lawn & Garden Spray from Central Garden And Pet. This liquid solution, NPK 6-2-1 based-formula, directly feeds through the roots system. Rich in iron, it will enable you to quickly regain that fresh and lush look of your lawn. It comes in a 32 oz bottle and covers around 5.000 sq ft. The liquid bottle design allows for an easy and convenient application.
- Rich in Iron.
- Easy application.
- Burn resistant.
Unlike granular fertilizers, liquid fertilizers, as its name entails, comes in concentrated nutrients solution that provides direct and instant feed to your lawn. This can happen whether through the roots system or the foliage.
Depending on the deficiencies your lawn has, the fertilizer solution options vary accordingly. For this reason, there are certain things to note when purchasing the best liquid fertilizers for your grass, and these include the following:
1. Type of Soil
The structure and type of soil will determine the different deficiencies that need to be treated. And based on these needs, you can look for the best liquid fertilizers that can help in this process. Not only that, but it will also help you in determining how much liquid you need to apply, too much liquid fertilized can overkill, and too little may not be enough to treat these lacks.
With that said, the first thing you have to do is a soil test. It’s an easy, effective and an important step in determining the soil needs for a balanced and healthy structure. You can easily buy the testing kit online and do it yourself or simply take a small portion and get it tested.
As you may know, fertilizers are rated based on the NPK values which include Nitrogen, Phosphorus, or Potassium. Depending on the result of the test, you can look and purchase the best liquid fertilizer that meets with your soil needs.
2. Rates and Ratios
Let’s briefly break down these NPK values we have just mentioned. Nitrogen is a macronutrient used to restore and revitalize the health and lush appearance of your lawn. It offers your lawn the essential properties to grow healthy and rapidly.
Phosphorus ensures a better root system development and growth. If you have just started your lawn, this is a great ingredient to count on. Potassium is another agent when it comes to spurring a healthy growth and diseases-, cold-, and drought-resistant lawn.
3. The Size of Your Lawn
The liquid fertilizers are a transcendent alternative for large-sized law because of its easy application. You can spread the fertilizers across the area hassle-free using either the sprayer or an irrigation system if you have one.
4. Spraying Method
You have two main options when it comes to liquid application. Certain companies design liquid bottles that can fit directly to the hose of your garden, making it super easy to connect and start spraying. However, before you do that, make sure you shake the bottle carefully to mix the different nutrients included for a better and effective result.
The other method is by using the irrigation system, which is a convenient and effective spraying method. You can directly add the liquid to your water tank. However, make sure in both cases, to read instructions and regulations on the product for better, safe, and effective use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, whether it is liquid or granular fertilizers, they are both effective when it comes to the healthy growth of your lawn. Liquid fertilizers ensure that the macronutrients included in the concentration solution will be absorbed rapidly and effectively by the roots system and the surface itself.
Depending on the nature of fertilizers. If the liquid fertilizer is made from organic and eco-friendly properties, then it should not be harmful. You can always check on the product cover whether it is harmless to kids and pets or not.
The autumn season is the best period to apply fertilizers to your lawn. It is the time when the lawn will need nutrients that will help it grow and endure the upcoming season.
It is better to avoid applying liquid fertilizer after heavy rain. However, if it is slightly wet, then it is okay, as it will be easy to scatter the fertilizer.
Depending on the temperature and the humidity level in your area, the results vary. However, generally, it takes at least a week to discern a reaction.