The last thing you want to witness is an overgrown grass all over your front or backyard. Not only it will take a lot of effort and time to cut and trim it, but it’s also not an eye-pleasing view.
Without further ado, allow this list of the top 5 Heavy-duty Brush Cutters to help you maintain a healthy and neat look of your lawn area.
5 Best-Selling Heavy Duty Brush Cutters
Table of Contents
- 1. Husqvarna 336FR 966604702 Bike Handle Pro Brushcutter
- 2. Makita XUX01ZM5 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless
- 3. Remington Ranchero Brushcutter & String Trimmer
- 4. Troy-Bilt TB42 BC 27cc 2-Cycle Gas BrushcutterÂ
- 5. Blue Max 52623 Extreme Duty
- Buyerâ€™s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Heavy Duty Brush Cutter Reviews
- the x-torq engine provide raw power and excellent fuel economy
- delivered with balance 35 harness
- adjustable and ergonomically designed handlebar for best comfort
- the x-torq engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- 34.6cc with line, brush and saw blade
Our first choice for the best heavy duty brush cutter is the Husqvarna 336fr. The design of this brush cutter is versatile and effective, featuring a bike handle pro. The engine comes with adequate power, 34.6cc. Featuring X torq technology, this cutter offers unmatched power and superior fuel economy.
- Ergonomic and durable design.
- 3in1 tools including trimmer top, blade, and saw blade.
- Gasoline-powered Cutter.
- makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 7,100 rpm for faster cutting
- 3-speed options (low: 4,200 rpm, medium: 6,000 high: 7,100 rpm) for power management
- variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- compatible with a variety of makita couple shaft attachments for various applications
- lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
Comes in three-speed selections including 4, 200 RPM, 6, 000, and 7, 100 RPM, this Makita XUX01ZM5 18V X2 (36V) LXT will enable a speed matching application process. It comes with a shaft and a string trimmer. It incorporates a smart lock system for an easy and hassle-free installation and adjuncts substitution.
- Electronic torq switch.
- Compatible and versatile design.
- Emissions free.
- user-friendly design: straight shaft design makes it easier to trim under bushes and hard to reach places. quick-change head allows you to convert from blade to bump head in seconds saving you time.
- powerful cutter: 27cc full crank 2 cycle gas engine provides greater power and less vibration to give you firm control and make easy work of tough jobs. large bump feed trimmer head saves time and feeds .095" round line.
- heavy duty metal blade: durable, robust metal blade and 18" cutting width allows you to cut through dense vegetation and grass in less time.
- quickstart technology: designed for smoother and easier pull starts. get going right away on yard work, lawn care, and other around the house projects.
- j-handle and shoulder strap: adjustable j-handle and shoulder strap decreases operator fatigue during use with greater control giving the operator comfortability and command.
This user-friendly brush cutter from Remington features a Quickstart technology for an easy and smooth trimming. It incorporates a heavy-duty 18 in. blade made of durable and strong metal. The cutter comes with a powerful 27cc 2 cycle engine. It has a J-shaped handle and shoulders strap to diminish the user exhaustion during higher control operation.
- Less vibration.
- Powerful and sturdy blade.
- Trimmer plus compatible.
- when a string trimmer alone just can't get the job done, rely on this brushcutter to power through dense weeds and brush
- premium 27cc 2-cycle full-crank engine with jumpstart capability eliminating the need to pull cord
- adjustable j-handle provides added control and easy right or left-handed use;line replacement system : standard
- 8-inch 4-tooth steel brush blade for taking on heavy vegetation
- attachment-capable design allows the trimmer engine to power 10 different trimmerplus attachments, turning your trimmer into a garage full of tools
Troy-Bilt is one of the leading companies in the American Agriculture realm. With a powerful 2 cycles engine that supplies superior 27cc power, no dense weeds or heavy grass can stand a chance.
The 8-inch, 4-Tooth Brush Blade is made of sturdy and strong steel material. The cutter also features JumpStart quality that excretes the necessity of cord pulling. It is easy and simple to manage and control the cutter thanks to the adaptable J-Handle.
- Adjustable J-shaped arm
- 10 several TrimmerPlus attachments
- SpringAssist for an easy and smooth cord pulling
- 2 in 1 brush cutter/trimmer
- 2-stroke, recoil starting system
- anti-vibe handles.straight shaft. features : antivibration, attachment capable
- ultra lightweight dual spool head.note: correct position is with the lever in the “on” to start and the “off” to run
- product weight (lb):17. refer instruction manual before use.
Offering great maneuverability and outstanding performance, the Blue Max 52623 Extreme Duty is exactly what you need to make trimming and cutting lawn easier. This heavy-duty brush cutter features a 2in1 model incorporating a combo of Straight Shaft Trimmer and Brush Cutter Combo and a 2 cycle engine power reaching 42.7cc.
- Stable and comfy handles.
- Lightweight design.
- EZ recoil starter mechanism.
There are several features to consider when purchasing the best heavy duty brush cutter. These features include:
There are mainly two types, gas-powered and electric-powered. Those gas-powered brush cutters are usually ideal for big lawn areas. Therefore, they are more powerful and mobile than electric ones. However, their design is usually cumbersome and they can be quite noisy.
The electric ones, on the other hand, are almost noise-free and easy to handle. The only drawback is they have limited operation time and may necessitate a power outlet for extended reach.
The shaft is what links the motor to the spinning head. They are usually available in 2 types, either straight or bent. The bent shaft model will allow you to get near your job area. However, you should expect some mechanical maintenance to take place.
The straight shaft, on the other hand, is compatible with different attachments. This is because it features a straight line to the source of energy
3. Quick Replacement Heads
The best brush cutter incorporates different attachments and replaceable heads. This makes it versatile and convenient for different applications. The most well-known heads are those that come with a string trimmer and attachments for the blade.
The quick replacement head feature will enable you to replace the heads hassle-free, without the need to untwist the whole head section.
Heavy-duty brush cutter requires a strong and comfortable grip at the same time. And in order to achieve this, a sturdy and smartly-designed handle is needed. The J shaped handles are the most popular ones in terms of a strong and firm grip.
5. Shoulder Strap
The shoulder strap can be a great help in offering the needed support and comfort for the user during the trimming or cutting operation. It can take off some of the pressure induced by the product weight and use. Look for a comfortable and sturdy strap.
6. Operation time
Whether it is gas or electric-powered, the runtime of these brush cutters is limited. Therefore, you want to make sure that you purchase a cutter that will last you long enough to finish your operation without the need to cut halfway for refilling or recharging.
7. Easy To pull
Nothing beats a brush cutter that is easy to kick off. With a simple pull, you can get things started. The last thing you want is getting your energy drained over a few pulls just to get it going.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the type of blade you are using. Generally, heavy-duty brush cutter blades are made from strong, sturdy, and premier metal material to ensure its high performance. In this case, it can cut through 5 inches long and thick grass or weeds.
The main two differences that can be highlighted are in terms of power and the overall weight. A 2 stroke engine will supply you with less power than the 4 strokes one, but it will still get the job done.Â
The 4 stroke engine, on the other hand, is much heavier, pricier and may require some maintenance. However, it surely will provide greater power.
A string trimmer gives your lawn clean edges, while the brush cutter is used for extreme duty applications, like a deep and thick cutting of overgrown weeds and dense grass.
The first thing you have to do is to assure that your blade is clean. Use your sharpening tool or any whetstone you have to sharpen the blade. Simply place it on the right angle and bind it to the tool.Â
If you are using the whetstone, then simply draw it to the edges of the blade. Repeat the process until you see the desired results. If you are using a sharpening tool, then just follow the instructions given and repeat the same process.
Like any products on the market, a good cleaning and regular checking are vital for long term use. So, if you have an adjustable shaft, then make sure to lubricate it from time to time to maintain its flexibility. Also, if you are using a gas-powered brush cutter, then make sure to extract any remaining fuel.