The best way to ensure that your lawn remains clean and healthy is to supply it with the right fertilizer. Just like gardens, grass can only remain healthy when they are fed well. This is where a tow-behind spreader comes in. But what’s a tow-behind spreader? Well, this is special garden equipment that you can use to easily spread your lime, seeds, sand, fertilizer and other things. In this article, we examine some of the best broadcast spreaders out there.
4 Best-Selling Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
Table of Contents
Continue reading to learn more about them
Reviews of 4 Top Rated Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
- max. 125lb capacity
- durable rust-proof hopper with cover
- heavy duty metal gear
- easy assembly
If you are looking for an easy way to spread your fertilizer, seeds, compost, and other things this tow behind broadcast spreader will provide you with that. Featuring a rust-proof coating, this machine is not only stable but also long-lasting. As compared to others that have plastic gears you’ll realize that this is exceptional.
To ensure that it’s secure, it comes with a safety cover to cover your materials. This means you can ensure that the materials you are carrying are shielded from any harsh weather conditions. As one of the best purchases that you can ever make you’ll find this machine well made and durable.
- rustproof poly hopper increases product life
- 32" working width
- can aerate and seed in one pass with this combined design
- 8 galvanized steel spike disks for thorough aeration
- 10" flat free tires
Coming with a decent capacity of 110 lbs, this machine is fitted with a hopper that will provide you with a huge coverage of approximately 17,500 square feet. Because it’s rustproof, you can comfortably use it for several years without any rust or other effects. This means you’ll not have to spend a lot on damages or replacements.
As opposed to others it’s designed in such a way that you can easily connect it to lawn tractors. Easy to operate, once you assembly it, you can start using it immediately. It’s, therefore, one of the best tow behind broadcast spreaders.
- high-capacity hopper: extra large, rust- and dent-proof poly hopper holds 175 lb and 3. 5 cu. ft. (6, 048 cu. in. ) of seed, fertilizer, ice melt and more to maximize the time spent spreading vs. refilling the hopper. ideal size for yards 1 acre or larger
- lasting durability: all parts that come in contact with corrosive fertilizers are designed to last: heavy polyethylene hopper with stainless steel hardware, spinner shaft, and agitator. glass-filled nylon gears are fully enclosed with nylon gearbox for additional protection
- patented auto flow with spread pattern control: brinly spreaders are designed for professional-level results. different materials spread very differently; directional spread pattern control allows you to center and even-out the distribution pattern for a balanced application of any material. the patented auto flow technology stops material from spreading when the tractor stops - eliminating waste and burns that commonly occur with other tow-behind spreaders
- easy calibration: calibration controls feature a locking dial for secure rate-gate settings. brinly provides hundreds of pre-calibrated settings to help you get to work and get the job done more accurately and efficiently
- includes hopper cover: included clear-top hopper cover with easy elastic on/off keeps moisture out and materials and dust in - away from the driver and others
Featuring a huge hopper capacity, Brinly Tow Behind Spreader is designed in such a way that it’s suitable for large gardens and yards. Since you can use it to broadcast a range of products, it’s quite a versatile choice. To ensure that it remains stable for long its gears are completely covered and it’s rustproof.
Further, it has a pattern spread that makes it quite suitable for both commercial and home use. To make it stable while pulling, it’s fitted with pneumatic rubber tires. Whether you have a tractor, ATV or a mower it’s quite easy to connect. With that said if you have a large garden or lawn, you need to consider this.
- 150 pound capacity tow behind spreader
- auto-stop dual impeller stops spreading when not in motion
- oil impregnated bronze bearings minimize friction on axle and gear box
- easy-to-set gate adjustment with 11 incremental settings for accurate application
- wide tread 14” pneumatic tires; pallet quantity: 8
This refers to a unique tow behind broadcast spreader that can automatically stop working once it comes to a halt. Whether you want to save money or you are looking for the best spreader this is the best option. Designed quite well it has a total carrying capacity of 150 pounds thus making it one of the best broadcast spreaders out there.
When it comes to assembling it you just need to go through the instructions and you’ll be good to go. Moreover, as opposed to others, it has pneumatic tires that make it easy to pull along regardless of your location. So instead of buying a cheap broadcast spreader that won’t last why don’t you try out this one?
Although most tow-behind broadcast spreaders have the same width, some of them can be adjusted. This means you can adjust the width and ensure that there is more uniformity in your spread. This is a very important factor to consider especially if your garden is not uniform
Most tow-behind broadcast spreaders are usually bought for a particular reason. This means every feature of the spreader is very important. The capacity of your spreader will generally depend on the size of your garden. So if you have a small garden, you need to choose a spreader with small capacity and vice versa.
Although spreaders are very simple garden equipment, there are several types in the market. You, therefore, need to know what you are looking for.
If you don’t have a lot of money to spend your choice of materials may be limited. This is because you may have to settle on the ones made of plastics. But if you are looking for one that’s long-lasting, go for durable steel. The good thing with such units is that they can withstand any kind of weather.
Before shopping for the best spreader you also need to know the area that you want to cover. So, measure the area and see whether your spread will cover it well.
You also need to consider the quality of the machine. The best tow behind broadcast spreader should do its work without any issue. Although anything else can be excused, if your spreader cannot work well, it might not be the right one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since every spreader has a mounted gauge you need to set the size of the gauge the way you want. You should also buy a model that will provide you with the best spread.
Yes, you can comfortably use a fertilizer spreader to spread your grass seeds. However, you need to know that not every spreader will provide you with an even distribution. You, therefore, need to be keen on how the grass seeds are being spread.
As compared to other farm tools and equipment, broadcast spreaders are quite affordable. Also since there are a variety of them in the market you can always shop around for the best one at the best price.
Because spreaders require very simple and easy maintenance you can always do them comfortably at home. If you can wash, paint and oil all moving parts you are good to go. Plus, you need to prevent them from getting into contact with rust or dust.
Whether you are a technician or not you can easily assemble your broadcast alone at home. You don’t require any technical skills or knowledge to assemble one.
You can use your tow behind broadcast spreader anytime you want. However, you need to ensure that the spreader is used for the right purpose.
When it comes to looking for the best tow behind broadcast spreaders there are many options that you can choose. But if you want to keep your garden green and healthy make sure you choose the right one for your needs. If you go through the above buying guide you should have enough guidance to help you. Regardless of the price ensure that it has all the features that you need.