A bagger attachment is an efficient accessory for any riding lawnmower. It saves you time and effort by providing a hassle-free way to clean up grass and leaves when mowing.
5 Best-Selling Riding Lawn Mower Bagger Attachment
Table of Contents
- 1. Poulan Pro 960730023 Soft-Sided Grass Bagger
- 2. Maython Lawn Tractor Grass Catcher Bag
- 3. MTD Double Bagger for Riding Lawn Mowers
- 4. TerraKing 54 cu. ft. Standard Leaf Bag
- 5. Husqvarna 54-Inch Lawn Tractor Grass Catcher
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you want to increase the capacity of your current grass catcher or attach a bagger to your mower for better efficiency, there are plenty of riding lawn mower bagger attachments to choose from.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Riding Lawn Mower Bagger Attachment
- fits poulan pro 42-inch riding lawn mowers
- constructed of a durable steel frame and rugged polypropylene.soft-sided grass bagger. not compatible with zero turn mowers. easy loading and unloading
- also works with most craftsman, husqvarna, poulan, poulan pro, southern states, weed eater, murray, ryobi, agway and ariens tractors from 2006 and later
This grass bagger is a convenient option for your 42-inch riding lawnmower. This bagger attachment is designed to last and is made using a sturdy steel frame that is tough and durable. When it comes to ease of use, this bagger attachment is pretty simple to load and unload.
- Easy to assemble and attach to your mower
- Works on different riding lawn mower models
- Easy to empty and dump after mowing
- material: 300d durable polyester fabric with dual drawstring clips, 5000 pumm.
- this universal bag design fits over both 2- and 3-bag collection systems and hold over 40 bushels (54 cubic feet) of leaves.
- works with most ride-on lawn tractors and zero-turn mowers. make sure that bag will not make contact with hot exhaust.
- material collection system/grass catcher is not included with your lawn tractor leaf bag.
- how does it work? set aside your collection system's small bags, slide the lawn tractor leaf bag over the top of your system's hood, and then tighten the dual drawstrings. made from durable polyester fabric to withstand wear and tear in your lawn, these bags also allow airflow from your mower to escape. when the bag is full, unattach it and then lift it up to easily dump the leaves out. when the bag is full, you can easily disconnect it from your collection system/bagger and empty out the leave
With a capacity of 54 cu ft, this riding lawn mower bagger makes light work of cleaning up your lawn. It attaches easily to most riding mowers and zero-turn mowers. The durable polyester fabric used to make this bagger ensures durability and efficient performance.
- Fits over 2 and 3bag collection systems
- Dual drawstrings for secure attachment
- Large capacity ideal for large yards
- fits all tractors with 42" and 46" side discharge decks, 2010 and after
- flex tubing for visual of grass flow and increased shipping efficiencies
- top hinged hood so you do not have to flip the seat up when emptying
- improved bag material and an integrated hood design. sight window to let you know when the bags are full
- 6. 5 bushel capacity
This bagger will fit most riding mowers with a 42- or 46-inch cutting deck. It comes with a convenient flex tubing to provide a visual of grass flow and a top-hinged hood that makes emptying easy and fast. With a capacity of 6.5 bushels, this bagger attachment for riding lawn mowers is suitable for most lawn sizes.
- Sight window to let you know when the bags are full
- Top hinged hood for easy emptying
- Sturdy bag material for durability
- 54 cu. ft. capacity increases the leaf-collection capability of your ride-on mower’s existing material collection system (not included)
- in just seconds, the leaf bag slips over the hood of your existing 2-bag collection system and secures with two cord locks
- durable, abrasion-resistant polyester-blended fabric is woven to trap dust, but still allow air to escape. use caution with hot, rear-mounted exhaust
- fast and convenient emptying, wherever you desire to pile leaves. simply loosen the cord locks, remove the bag from your collection system, and then empty out the leaves
- standard leaf bag has a maximum opening of 120 in. (305 cm.) to accommodate hoods on 2-bag collection systems. for larger 3-bag systems, choose the xl leaf bag with its 150 in. (381 cm.) maximum opening
This TerraKing leaf bag is a practical and efficient attachment for your riding lawnmower. With a 120-inch opening, this bagger fits over 2 bag collection systems easily. The corded drawstrings make attachment easy and provide a secure hold that ensures the bagger stays in place.
- Made with coated fabric that is mold and mildew resistant
- Fast and convenient emptying
- The woven fabric of this bagger promotes airflow while trapping dust
- fits 54" yt/gt tractors; 3 bin (9 bushel) lawn mower baggers with durable, polyester mesh collection bags
- full bag indicator lets you know when the bag is full
- top designed for smooth airflow
This grass catcher from Husqvarna is simple to attach to your riding lawnmower. It is designed to allow smooth airflow and with a capacity of 9 bushels for maximum efficiency. The convenient full bag indicator lets you know when it’s time to empty the bagger.
- Durable, polyester mesh collection bags
- Easy to install and empty
- Designed to latch on tight for a secure hold
1. Ensure the Bagger Attachment is Compatible with Your Riding Lawn Mower.
Bagger attachments come with different specifications. Some are designed for specific lawn mower models which means you need to know if the bagger will fit on your model.
While some baggers will work for specific models only, there are plenty of bagger attachments that are versatile enough to suit different models.
The right bagger should fit snugly on your mower ensuring that the bagger attachments stay securely in place as you mow your lawn.
Bagger attachments also come in different sizes to accommodate the different riding mower sizes. Depending on whether your riding mower has a 54, 48, 46- or 42-inch deck, there is an appropriate bagger attachment designed for that specific size.
2. Consider the Capacity of the Bagger Attachment
The appropriate bagger will depend on the size of your lawn. The more grass you need to collect as you mow, the bigger the capacity you require.
Grass catchers have capacities that range from 4 cu ft to 54 cu ft. Larger baggers will allow you to collect more without having to stop and empty the bag.
Smaller baggers are ideal if your lawn is not so big. Smaller baggers are also more compact and lightweight making them easier to use on most riding lawnmowers.
Some leaf bags can be conveniently attached over your existing bagger to increase capacity.
3. Check for Additional Features
A bagger attachment saves you the trouble of having to rake leaves and grass after mowing. Some baggers come with extra features that make your chore even easier. Some baggers have an indicator to show you when the bag is full.
Bagger attachments that have flex tubing provide better efficiency. The flex tubing allows you to monitor the grass flow into the bags. This lets you know when it is time to empty the bag.
Some baggers come with a mounting bracket that will make fixing it to your riding lawn mower easier. Baggers that have top-hinged hoods make emptying after use a breeze.
Go for bagger attachments that are made from durable materials that can withstand constant wear and tear. Baggers made with sturdy frames and weather-resistant material such as polypropylene are durable and will stand up well to constant use.
Since your bagger attachment needs to hold in the grass and leaves without leaking, choose heavy-duty bag materials that will not rip or tear easily.
Bagger attachments with polyester mesh collection bags allow airflow while still collecting dust. Better airflow increases your bagger’s capacity which is always a convenient plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
A bagger attachment is designed to collect grass and leaves as you mow the lawn. It connects to the back of the riding lawnmower. The discharge chute blows the cut grass into the bagger.
Yes, there are baggers that are suitable for zero-turn mowers. They are available in both two buckets and three bucket options. In some cases, you may need to add a hitch to your zero-turn mower to be able to fit the bagger.
Baggers need high lift blades to create enough lift for the grass to be pushed into the collection bags. Blades that do not create the right lift will prevent the proper flow of grass into the bagger. The grass will also not flow properly into your bagger if it is not properly attached. If there are gaps in your bagger system glass will be blown out of the system.
Clogging occurs when the grass is too heavy. It can also be caused by a dull blade and poor cutting conditions.
The best bagger for your riding lawn mower is one that will save you the trouble of having to rake grass or gather clippings after mowing. Since they come in different sizes and with different capacities, finding a bagger that will suit your needs should be a breeze. Pick one that is suited for your riding lawn mower and has all the features that make it easy to install, maneuver, and empty.