A bagger attachment is an efficient accessory for any riding lawnmower. It saves you time and effort by providing a hassle-free way to clean up grass and leaves when mowing. Â
5 Best-Selling Riding Lawn Mower Bagger Attachment
Table of Contents
- 1. Poulan Pro 960730023 Soft-Sided Grass Bagger
- 2. Maython Lawn Tractor Grass Catcher Bag
- 3. MTD Double Bagger for Riding Lawn Mowers
- 4. TerraKing 54 cu. ft. Standard Leaf Bag
- 5. Husqvarna 54-Inch Lawn Tractor Grass Catcher
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you want to increase the capacity of your current grass catcher or attach a bagger to your mower for better efficiency, there are plenty of riding lawn mower bagger attachments to choose from.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Riding Lawn Mower Bagger Attachment
1. Poulan Pro 960730023 Soft-Sided Grass Bagger
Poulan Pro 960730023 SoftSided ( 42-inch Riding Lawn Mowers)
- fits poulan pro 42-inch riding lawn mowers
- constructed of a durable steel frame and rugged polypropylene.soft-sided grass bagger. not compatible with zero turn mowers. easy loading and unloading
- also works with most craftsman, husqvarna, poulan, poulan pro, southern states, weed eater, murray, ryobi, agway and ariens tractors from 2006 and later
This grass bagger is a convenient option for your 42-inch riding lawnmower. This bagger attachment is designed to last and is made using a sturdy steel frame that is tough and durable. When it comes to ease of use, this bagger attachment is pretty simple to load and unload.
- Easy to assemble and attach to your mower
- Works on different riding lawn mower models
- Easy to empty and dump after mowing
2. Maython Lawn Tractor Grass Catcher Bag
With a capacity of 54 cu ft, this riding lawn mower bagger makes light work of cleaning up your lawn. It attaches easily to most riding mowers and zero-turn mowers. The durable polyester fabric used to make this bagger ensures durability and efficient performance.
- Fits over 2 and 3bag collection systems
- Dual drawstrings for secure attachment
- Large capacity ideal for large yards
3. MTD Double Bagger for Riding Lawn Mowers
MTD 19A30031OEM Double Bagger ( Cadet, CRAFTSMAN, And Other Top Models, Gray)
- grass catcher compatibility: fits most troy-bilt and cub cadet, yard machines, bolens, huskee and craftsman riding mowers with a 42- or 46-inch cutting deck (2010 and after).craftsman riding mowers purchased at sears will fit up for model numbers starting with 247.xxxxx
- efficient: flex tubing for visual of grass flow to prevent clogging and increase shipping efficiencies. sight window also lets you know when the bags are full
- integrated hood: top hinged hood allows for easier removal of bags. you do not have to flip the seat up when emptying
- encourage lawn growth: bagging helps to foster lawn growth by preventing thatch from building up. increase the curb appeal of your lawn
- lots of capacity: with a 6.5 bushel capacity, this bagger will leave no grass clumps behind and save you plenty of time
This bagger will fit most riding mowers with a 42- or 46-inch cutting deck. It comes with a convenient flex tubing to provide a visual of grass flow and a top-hinged hood that makes emptying easy and fast. With a capacity of 6.5 bushels, this bagger attachment for riding lawn mowers is suitable for most lawn sizes.
- Sight window to let you know when the bags are full
- Top hinged hood for easy emptying
- Sturdy bag material for durability
4. TerraKing 54 cu. ft. Standard Leaf Bag
TerraKing Leaf Bag ( Collection (Standard (54 Cu. Ft., 120" Opening) ST95000)
- it’s that time of year again: autumn is right around the corner, which means fallen leaves will be everywhere. with our terraking 54 cu ft standard leaf bag you can increase the leaf collection capability of your ride-on mower’s existing material collection system (not included). aren’t you ready for an easier way? get terraking’s standard leaf bag today!
- work smarter not harder: in a matter of seconds, our terraking leaf bag effortlessly slips over the hood of your existing two-bag collection system and is easily secured with a two-cord locking system. our abrasion-resistant standard size leaf bag features a front debris flap that ensures dust and leaves remain inside. with terraking, save time and work efficiently!
- larger than average: terraking’s standard leaf bag offers a maximum bag opening circumference of 120 in (305 cm). compatible with most two-bag material collection systems on ride-on lawnmowers. for larger three-bag systems, we suggest our xl leaf bag with its 150 in (381 cm) maximum opening. whatever the job, terraking has the bag for it! treatment protects against dampness, stains, and odors.
- durable & abrasion-resistant: proudly made in the usa. our leaf bags are a long term solution to a seemingly never-ending problem. designed to promote airflow while trapping dust and debris, our bags create less dust and mess while collecting more leaves. made from reusable and long-lasting polyester fabric. leaves will always fall but terraking’s leaf bags will be ready for the job season after season.
- convenient to use: terraking’s standard leaf bag is a little to no maintenance lawn mower accessory. similar to the installation process, removing the terraking leaf bag is just as fast and easy. wherever you desire to pile your leaves, loosen the cord locks, and remove the bag from your collection system for neat unloading. when the season ends, terraking’s leaf bags are made from fabric that can be folded for easy storage.
This TerraKing leaf bag is a practical and efficient attachment for your riding lawnmower. With a 120-inch opening, this bagger fits over 2 bag collection systems easily. The corded drawstrings make attachment easy and provide a secure hold that ensures the bagger stays in place.
- Made with coated fabric that is mold and mildew resistant
- Fast and convenient emptying
- The woven fabric of this bagger promotes airflow while trapping dust
5. Husqvarna 54-Inch Lawn Tractor Grass Catcher
Husqvarna H354SLG 3Bin 54Inch ( Tractor Grass Catcher)
- fits 54" yt/gt tractors; 3 bin (9 bushel) lawn mower baggers with durable, polyester mesh collection bags
- full bag indicator lets you know when the bag is full
- top designed for smooth airflow
This grass catcher from Husqvarna is simple to attach to your riding lawnmower. It is designed to allow smooth airflow and with a capacity of 9 bushels for maximum efficiency. The convenient full bag indicator lets you know when itâ€™s time to empty the bagger.
- Durable, polyester mesh collection bags
- Easy to install and empty
- Designed to latch on tight for a secure hold
1. Ensure the Bagger Attachment is Compatible with Your Riding Lawn Mower.
Bagger attachments come with different specifications. Some are designed for specific lawn mower models which means you need to know if the bagger will fit on your model.
While some baggers will work for specific models only, there are plenty of bagger attachments that are versatile enough to suit different models.
The right bagger should fit snugly on your mower ensuring that the bagger attachments stay securely in place as you mow your lawn.
Bagger attachments also come in different sizes to accommodate the different riding mower sizes. Depending on whether your riding mower has a 54, 48, 46- or 42-inch deck, there is an appropriate bagger attachment designed for that specific size.
2. Consider the Capacity of the Bagger Attachment
The appropriate bagger will depend on the size of your lawn. The more grass you need to collect as you mow, the bigger the capacity you require.
Grass catchers have capacities that range from 4 cu ft to 54 cu ft. Larger baggers will allow you to collect more without having to stop and empty the bag.
Smaller baggers are ideal if your lawn is not so big. Smaller baggers are also more compact and lightweight making them easier to use on most riding lawnmowers.
Some leaf bags can be conveniently attached over your existing bagger to increase capacity.
3. Check for Additional Features
A bagger attachment saves you the trouble of having to rake leaves and grass after mowing. Some baggers come with extra features that make your chore even easier. Some baggers have an indicator to show you when the bag is full.
Bagger attachments that have flex tubing provide better efficiency. The flex tubing allows you to monitor the grass flow into the bags. This lets you know when it is time to empty the bag.
Some baggers come with a mounting bracket that will make fixing it to your riding lawn mower easier. Baggers that have top-hinged hoods make emptying after use a breeze.
Go for bagger attachments that are made from durable materials that can withstand constant wear and tear. Baggers made with sturdy frames and weather-resistant material such as polypropylene are durable and will stand up well to constant use.
Since your bagger attachment needs to hold in the grass and leaves without leaking, choose heavy-duty bag materials that will not rip or tear easily.
Bagger attachments with polyester mesh collection bags allow airflow while still collecting dust. Better airflow increases your baggerâ€™s capacity which is always a convenient plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
A bagger attachment is designed to collect grass and leaves as you mow the lawn. It connects to the back of the riding lawnmower. The discharge chute blows the cut grass into the bagger.
Yes, there are baggers that are suitable for zero-turn mowers. They are available in both two buckets and three bucket options. In some cases, you may need to add a hitch to your zero-turn mower to be able to fit the bagger.
Baggers need high lift blades to create enough lift for the grass to be pushed into the collection bags. Blades that do not create the right lift will prevent the proper flow of grass into the bagger. The grass will also not flow properly into your bagger if it is not properly attached. If there are gaps in your bagger system glass will be blown out of the system.
Clogging occurs when the grass is too heavy. It can also be caused by a dull blade and poor cutting conditions.
The best bagger for your riding lawn mower is one that will save you the trouble of having to rake grass or gather clippings after mowing. Since they come in different sizes and with different capacities, finding a bagger that will suit your needs should be a breeze. Pick one that is suited for your riding lawn mower and has all the features that make it easy to install, maneuver, and empty.