It is undeniably true that a well-manicured lawn has a unique way of adding immense beauty, charm, and glamour to a home.
5 Best-Selling Non-Burning Lawn Fertilizers
Table of Contents
- 1. Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer
- 2. Espoma EOLB30 Organic Lawn Booster Fertilizer
- 3. Milorganite 0636 Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer
- 4. GreenView 2129267 Weed and Feed Fairway Formula Spring Fertilizer
- 5. Scotts Green Max Lawn Food – Lawn Fertilizer Plus Iron Supplement Builds
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
However, beautiful lawns don’t just grow overnight; it is a process that will cost you effort, sweat, and a bit of tear. Nevertheless, all this will not be worth it if you end up damaging your lawn with the wrong fertilizers. Here is a review of the best non-burning lawn fertilizer that you can use to grow a healthier, thicker, and greener lawn.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Non-Burning Lawn Fertilizers
- fertilizes in 24 hours while controlling for weeds
- kills dandelions, clover and other major lawn weeds
- other weeds include buckhorn, chickweed, ground ivy, henbit, knotweed, lambsquarters, oxalis, pigweed, plantain, poison ivy, ragweed, and spurge
- easy to use, simply attach hose and spray
- spray when weeds are actively growing
Are you looking for a fertilizer that will feed your grass while eliminating the annoying weeds invading your lawn? Well, Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer is exactly what you need. It is specially made to bring more life to your grass while killing the nuisance weeds like dandelions, clovers, and other lawn weeds.
This fertilizer comes in a ready-to-spray bottle which makes it easy to use. You only need to attach the bottle to the garden hose, turn on water, and the fertilizer is ready to spray.
Furthermore, its quick-action is something you will appreciate. The fertilizer feeds your grass within 24 hours, giving you the results you’ve been desiring.
When using this fertilizer as a weed killer, the manufacturer recommends you spray on actively growing weeds.
- Feeds and kills lawn weeds
- It’s easy to use
- It’s user-friendly and does not burn your lawn
- Fertilizes in 24 hours
- It may not be very effective on tough weeds during the first application; you may have to reapply.
- made from feather meal, pasteurized poultry manure & gypsum
- 8-0-0 formulation 30lbs
- feeds up to 5,000 sq ft
- safe for kids and pets
- environmentally friendly
You can never go wrong with Espoma EOLB30 Organic Lawn Booster Fertilizer since it’s an organic fertilizer made with environmentally friendly raw materials. The fertilizer is made from pasteurized poultry manure, feather meal, & gypsum, making it safe to use on any lawn.
The fertilizer has an NPK formulation of 8.0.0, giving your lawn the quick nitrogen boost it needs to grow healthier and greener. Plus, the fertilizer is easy to apply and does not require professional skills; your DIY skills will get the work done.
Besides, a 30lbs bag of this fertilizer is enough to feed up to 5,000sq.ft of your lawn.
Although it has intense, the fertilizer is effective, and it will give back to your lawn the charm that was once lost.
- It’s organic and eco friendly
- Safe for kids and pets
- Easy to apply
- Quickest way to a greener and healthier lawn
- Has an intense smell
- ✅ if you look for fertilizer for promoting the growth of lush, thick, and highly green grass, milorganite 0636 organic nitrogen fertilizer is the right choice for you. the secret of this product is 4% iron it contains, which is added for a deeper green color of your grass.
- ✅ its npk is 5-2-0, which means that this organic nitrogen fertilizer doesn’t contain potassium. therefore, avoid using it in the regions with regular droughts. also, since this product doesn’t contain elements for growing a robust root system, you can use it only when your grass is already well-established.
- ✅ this fertilizer meets all epa’s quality standards and comes in plastic bags of 32 pounds. don’t be upset with its intense smell. it will die down after watering. always keep in mind that it is an excellent organic fertilizer, entirely safe for your children and pets.
- ✅ as a bonus, when you sprinkle this granular mix throughout your garden, you will get a repellent as well. it seems that bugs, bunnies, and deer don’t like that scent too.
- ✅ bundled with persons protective gloves. protect your hands when you contact the fertilizers.
Much like Espoma EOLB30 Organic Lawn Booster Fertilizer, this fertilizer is also organic, and it contains 4% iron that is thoughtfully added for a deeper green lawn. The fertilizer is safe for kids and pets, and it meets all the quality standards of EPA.
The fertilizer is specially made to encourage lush, thick, and greener grass. With an NPK of 5.2.0, this fertilizer will bring back life to your yellowish and dying grass.
It comes in a 32pounds bag that contains enough fertilizer to feed up to 2,500sqft of your lawn. The manufacturer has also included personal protective gloves for your hands safety when applying the fertilizer.
Interestingly, the fertilizer works great in keeping away deer, bugs, and bunnies, thanks to its strong scent.
- It’s organic and non-burning
- Gives your grass a deep green color
- Also acts as an animal repellent
- Unpleasant smell
- Not ideal for regions that experience regular droughts
- pro-grade, professional diy results
- 1 application = 3 lawn treatments; blocks crabgrass, kills weeds, feeds lawn
- kills 200+ tough lawn weeds; proprietary formula kills dandelions and seedling crabgrass at the same time
- 65% slow-release nitrogen formulation, steady even feeding up to 12 weeks
- do not use on st. augustine grass in florida, or on dichondra and carpet grass as serious lawn injury will result
If you are looking for a fertilizer that will feed your grass and control crabgrass, then you are at the right place, and GreenView 2129267 Weed and Feed Fairway Formula Spring Fertilizer is the option for you. With only a single application of this non-burning fertilizer, you get to feed your lawn, kill broadleaf weeds and block crabgrass.
This is also a slow-releasing fertilizer with a 24.0.6 NPK formulation, and it keeps delivering essential nutrients to your grass for up to 12 weeks after application. However, this does not limit you from mowing; you can mow your lawn three days after application.
With an 18 pounds bag of fertilizer, you can treat up to 5,000sqft. You will definitely love how this non-burning fertilizer will transform your lifeless lawn into the envy of every neighbor.
- It treats up to 12 weeks
- It feeds while killing weeds
- It has a high content of nitrogen
- It kills and blocks crabgrass
- It may damage dichondra, St. Augustine grass in Florida and carpet grass
- feeds for deep greening in just 3 days for greener grass
- dual-action, 2-in-1 formula feeds and supplements with iron
- fertilizer not to stain when used as directed
- apply to any grass type in the spring, summer and fall months
- recommended for many lawns as part of the scotts lawn care plan
Scotts Green Max Lawn Food is an excellent option if you are looking for lawn food and an iron supplement. The iron present in this fertilizer encourages the growth of lush, thick, and deeper green grass. Upon application, the results are visible in just three days.
Amazingly, this fertilizer is user-friendly, and you can apply it to all grass types. The fertilizer does not burn your lawn, and if used as directed, it will not stain the surfaces near your lawn, be it driveways or pathways.
- An excellent iron supplement for a greener lawn
- It’s affordable
- It’s user-friendly
- High nitrogen content
- It’s capable of staining surfaces
- Not ideal for hot climates
1. Lawn Size
Knowing the size of your lawn will help you establish the amount of fertilizer you will need to treat the whole lawn. Without knowing how big your lawn is, there are chances of purchasing either too less or too much fertilizer than needed. The size of your lawn should always tell you the amount of non-burning fertilizer you need to get.
There are varieties of lawn fertilizers, of which most of them are affordable. You don’t have to strain financially to get the best fertilizer. Nowadays, even with a small budget, you can get effective and quality fertilizer. When deciding which fertilizer to get, ensure it suits your lawn and pocket-friendly too.
When it comes to fertilizers, the safety of your kids, pets and lawn is paramount and of great importance. However, there are a few things you can do to ensure the safety of all that you love. Ensure you were protective gloves, store the fertilizer in a safe area and make sure you use it as directed by the manufacture.
4. Type of Fertilizer
There are many types of lawn fertilizers ranging from organic and synthetic fertilizers. People prefer synthetic over organic due to their affordability and quick action, unlike organic fertilizers, which are slow releasing. However, if you are looking for a long-lasting healthy lawn, an organic fertilizer will deliver just that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this is very much possible, and often the results are bad. Over-feeding your lawn can damage it, kill it or even reduce its tolerance to stress conditions.
Although some fertilizers are safe for kids and pets, you may want to wait for 12-48 hours before going to your fertilized lawn.
Depending on the composition and formulation of the fertilizer, you are likely to see results within 1-5 days after application.
Since it’s not recommended to fertilize when the sun is hot, an ideal time is late in the evening.