Mulching lawn mowers are special types of mowers that recycle grass clippings. They are machines worth procession by any lawn owner. These handy tools not only maintain a healthy and lush green turf but also adds nutrients to your lawn.
Best-Selling Mulching Lawn Mower for The Money
Table of Contents
When you use a mulching lawnmower, the mulching deck under the mower re-circulate and re-cuts the grass clippings to produce fine mulch. The machine forces the mulch back to the lawn soil. It decomposes at a faster rate adding essential nutrients into the lawn soil. It is an eco-friendly method of fertilizing your lawn. It helps save on chemical fertilizer usage.
Besides, this helps cut off the mowing time. You don’t have to dispose of the mowed grass every time the collecting bag is full. Furthermore, it ensures there are no heaps of rotting grass in your garden. Rotten piles can be potential mushroom breeding grounds.
Reviews of Top Rated Mulching Lawn Mower for The Money
- [6 height adjustments] a single lever lets you set the height you want to cut your lawn, depending on the season, or just your preference
- [intellicut] feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions
- [same battery, expandable power] worx power share is compatible with all worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [mulch or bag] this 2-in-1 mower lets you bag it up, or mulch your grass back into the ground, it’s up to you
- [battery meter] the on-board battery charge indicator lets you know exactly how much juice you have left before you need to head back to the garage
If you are looking for a product worth the spend, you will find valuable electric mulcher mowers from WORX at affordable prices. Here, you can even find battery-powered ones.
For instance, the WORX WG779 is an excellent battery-powered mulcher mower. It has a 40V combo battery option of 20V each. The batteries have a 4.0 Ah rating. As a result, they have a great battery life compared to other options.
Besides, its cutting blades are 14 inches wide. The WORX mulching lawn mower comes with a padded handle to make it comfortable and ergonomic. Also, you get an option to adjust the cutting blades through 3 different height settings. Another incredible feature of this mulching lawnmower is the dual-port charger you can use to charge the batteries quickly.
- Three adjustable blade cutting heights
- 14-inch blades cutting width
- Comfortable padded handles
- It has a dual-port fast charging system
- includes full manufacturer warranty
Honda is a well-established brand across mulching lawn mowers for a very long time. They have numerous models for you, ranging from the push model to the self-propelled ones.
The Honda HRX is an excellent self-propelled mulcher mower. With it, you get the option to switch between mulching and bagging the grass clippings or even the mulch itself. The best thing about Honda is that it starts quickly. You don’t want to struggle to start a mower when you have acres of lawn awaiting.
Honda products are of high quality. Besides, Honda HRX has a powerful engine making it easy to work through your lawn.
- Powerful and easy to start the engine
- Quality product
- greenworks, 10 amp 16-inch 2 in 1, rear bag or mulch electric lawn mower, converts easily from rear bag to mulch, model # 25142
- 10 amp electric motor delivers enough power to cut through touch grass. assembled product weight: 48.0 pounds
- durable 16-inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 2-in-1 feature provides mulching and rear discharge capabilities
- 5 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 5/8-inch to 2-5/8-inch for the perfect cut on all types of grass
Greenworks is a renowned brand that makes eco-friendly electric power garden tools. This Greenworks Corded Electric Lawn Mower has an excellent cutting performance. As such, it is highly reliable. It also has a high build quality from steel construction and comes with a 4-year warranty.
Its cutting blade is 18 inches wide therefore making it more efficient. Besides, the 12-amp electric motor counts to its high cutting performance. With this mulcher mower, you can switch between side discharging and mulching. The most incredible part is that you get seven adjustable height positions.
- 18-inch blade cutting width
- Seven adjustable blade heights
- Multimode for side discharging and mulching
- maintenance free – no gas, oil or tune-ups
- powerful 13-amp motor cuts a 17-inch wide path
- tailor cutting height with 7-position height control
- convertible mulching/mowing function
- etl approved; full 2-year
Sun Joe is yet another brand of garden power tools. Here, you will get a wide range of mulcher mowers like Sun Joe MJ403E.
If you are looking for a mulching lawn mower with a powerful electric motor, Sun Joe’s MJ403E is an excellent choice. It has a 123-amp motor which comes coupled with a high cutting performance. Besides, it has a large cutting blade that is 17-inch wide.
Due to its excellent build quality, this mulching lawnmower is durable. Also, it is easy to store due to its compact nature. To sum it all up, it comes with a powerful motor offering a 3500 RPM blade speed. As a result, it offers you clean cuts when working through your lawn.
- 17-inch blade cutting width
- It has a powerful electric motor of 13 amp
- High blade speed; 3500 RPM
- Seven adjustable heights
- Small and compact
How a Mulching Lawn Mower Operates
Multifunctional mulcher mowers are designed differently from natural mowers. They have a deep deck that creates a vacuum. The vacuum sucks the grass clippings and suspends them in the air during the mowing process. They are then put around the cutting cycle severally to create fine mulch.
If you are looking for the best mulching lawn mower for the money, you should consider the following:
1. Cutting Width
The amount of grass the mower cuts depends on its cutting width. For optimum cutting experience, go for a mulching lawn mower with the ideal cutting width. If your lawn is large, you should consider large mulching blades.
2. Power Type
Mulching lawnmowers are diverse in terms of power sources. They can be; electric-powered, petrol-powered, and battery-powered. Besides, some models require plugging into the socket. Depending on the size of your lawn, spend on a model that will deliver. For large lawns, it is advisable to go for the petrol-powered model since it is powerful and has the best cutting performance.
3. Motor Power
The cutting performance also depends on the motor power. The higher the motor power, the more efficient the mulching lawnmower. You can choose options like 56 Volts or 40 Volts and 11- or 13-amp motors.
4. Cutting Height
It would be best if you also considered the cutting height range of your lawnmower. Simply put, a mower with a wide range of possible heights gives you more precise control while mulch mowing your lawn. Besides, you should also check on the height adjustment system.
5. Battery Life
For the battery-powered mulching lawnmowers, you should check on the battery life. The battery rating is in Ah or minutes. Different battery-powered mulching lawn mowers have different battery ratings. For instance, a 2.0 Ah will offer you a longer battery life compared to a 1.0 Ah.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best mulching lawn mower will cut grass clippings efficiently without getting clogged. Clogging could result in blocking. Besides, it should provide you with the option to switch between mulching and bagging the mowed grass. Furthermore, it should efficiently lay the mulch into the lawn soil to facilitate decomposition and easy fertilization. Also, specially designed blades to efficiently cut the grass clippings counts.
Yes, most mulching lawn mowers are dual-purpose. As such, they can collect grass clippings and mulch alike, depending on your preference.
Yes, you can work the mulcher mower on your wet lawn. Nevertheless, it is not advisable! The grass clippings may clump together. Besides, the deck will not be able to lay the mulch on your lawn effectively. As such, it is advisable to let the grass dry out or attach a bagging feature to your deck. On the other hand, you can also opt for side discharge.
A mulching lawn mower will come in handy with numerous benefits counting:
1. Naturally fertilizes your lawn
2. Mulches your lawn, thus preventing excess evaporation; a moist lawn is a healthy lawn!
3. It cuts down the mowing time
4. It is a multi-option; you can still bag the grass clippings.
Mulch mowing is excellent in nourishing the grass. Besides, it helps cut the time needed to work on your lawn since you don’t have to dispose of the grass clippings every time the collecting bag is full. Nevertheless, you still have the option to use a bagging feature.