Are you passionate about gardening but fear that arthritis will be a hindrance? Well, it’s undeniable that arthritis can make it difficult to perform some tasks, but it should never limit you from doing what you really enjoy doing.
5 Best-Selling Lawn Mowers for People with Arthritis
Table of Contents
- 1. Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch 3-in-1Electric Corded Lawn Mower
- 2. Greenworks 40V 20 inch Cordless Twin Force Lawn Mower
- 3. WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14″ Lawn Mower
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower
- 5. Sun Joe ION16LMCT iON16LM-CT 40-Volt 4.0-Amp 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower,
- Buying Guide
- Lawn Maintenance Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions
With mowing being one of the jobs you will need to do to keep your lawn looking neat and beautiful, you first need to have the right machine to get the work done without endangering your health. Here is a review of the best lawn mowers for people with arthritis that will make mowing a lot easier and more fun.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Lawn Mowers for People with Arthritis
- durable 20-inch steel deck.rpm : 3600
- powerful 12 amp motor cuts through the toughest grass
- unlimited run-time with ac corded power
- durable steel 21-inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 3-in-1 system - mulch, rear bagging, and side discharge
Greenworks Lawn Mower is an electric mower with a powerful 12 Amp Motor, which offers you the efficiency and performance you need to get your mid-sized lawn looking all neat, smooth, and perfect. Additionally, you also get to enjoy its mulching, bagging, and side discharge capabilities.
It also has a 20-inch steel cutting deck which allows you to cut a wider path at ago. The 7-position height adjustment offers you the flexibility of cutting your grass from 1.5 inches up to 3.75 inches.
Interestingly, you don’t need to use a lot of energy to get the mower running; with just a push of a button, the mower is good to go. Furthermore, storage is no problem since it does not require much space, thanks to its foldable handles.
It also comes with a 4-year tool warranty, something you are likely not to find with other models.
- It’s a powerful machine
- Has mulching, bagging and side discharge capabilities
- 4-years warranty
- Not suitable for extensive lawns
- cordless 20” lawn mower – get more done, faster, with greenworks electric lawn mowers. this 40v push mower provides the power you need with up to 45 minutes of run-time on a fully charged 4.0ah and 2.0ah battery.brushless motor : no
- lightweight, easy to use – a lightweight 20” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to medium yards (up to ½ acre) more efficiently
- twin blades - offer better cut quality, superior mulching, and bagging capabilities
- auto switch / smart cut technology – dual battery ports with auto switch allows for uninterrupted mowing. smart cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- maintenance free – this walk behind lawn mower is virtually maintenance free, with no gas, no oil, and no emissions. it starts instantly and is quiet, but delivers gas-like power for your toughest projects
This battery-powered Greenworks Lawn Mower comes with (1) 4 Ah battery, (1) 2 Ah battery, and a charger. It has a dual battery port for an extended battery runtime of up to 70 Minutes. The dual battery port is designed to automatically switch to the other battery (back-up battery) for extra runtime.
The smart cut technology incorporated in this mower allows for easy adjustment of runtime and power depending on the grass’s thickness. The dual blades also enhance the mower’s cutting, bagging and mulching capabilities and its best for lawns of up to 1/3 Acre.
The mower is lightweight and effortless to start. This makes it ideal for people with arthritis or even senior citizens.
- It has a longer runtime
- Better mulching, bagging and cutting capabilities
- Ideal for mid-sized lawns
- It’s expensive
- Lacks side discharge capabilities
- [6 height adjustments] a single lever lets you set the height you want to cut your lawn, depending on the season, or just your preference.max cut area/charge 5,000 ft²
- [intellicut] feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions
- [same battery, expandable power] worx power share is compatible with all worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [mulch or bag] this 2-in-1 mower lets you bag it up, or mulch your grass back into the ground, it’s up to you
- [battery meter] the on-board battery charge indicator lets you know exactly how much juice you have left before you need to head back to the garage
WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14″ Lawn Mower comes with (2) 20V 4.0Ah Batteries, 2A Dual-Charger, .85 Bushel Collection Bag, and Mulch Plug. The Dual port charger is included for more mowing time and less charging time.
The mower is fitted with a battery meter which lets you know the power remaining and when you need to recharge the batteries. It also has a full-bag indicator that alerts you when the bag is full and need to be emptied.
The 6-position height adjustments give you the control and maneuverability you need to shape your lawn as per your preference. The mower is unbelievably lightweight, and its batteries are compatible with other Worx 20Vand 40V tools.
With a cutting width of 13 inches, this mower is the perfect choice for small yards.
- It has a dual-port charger for fast charging
- Allows for tracking of power consumption
- Easy to start and operate
- Easy maneuverability
- It’s pricey
- It has a smaller cutting width
- lightweight corded electric mower gasless 10 amp 15 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass
- comfort grip bike handlebar design reduces friction and enhances maneuverability for small lawns
- enhanced clipping collection winged blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- push button start no-hassle startup easy-to- use features
- adjustable cutting height 6 adjustable cutting heights ranging from 1 inch to 3 inch
BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower is electric powered, and it’s very efficient even on rough grass. The mower is easy to operate, and its maneuverability is incredibly great, thanks to its lightweight of only 7 pounds. Its lightweight and maneuverability make this mower an ideal choice for any homeowner or landscaper with arthritis.
This model was designed with the comfort of the operator in mind. Its grip bike handlebar design gives you a firm grip while reducing the friction between your hands and the mower for maximum comfort when doing what you love.
It also has 6 adjustable cutting heights, which allow you to mow your lawn to heights ranging from 1 inch-3 inch. This gem of a mower also has a winged blade that offers a 30% better clippings collection than other mowers.
- It’s comfortable and easy to use
- Lightweight and durable
- Better clippings collection
- It’s affordable
- Not suitable for heavy-duty mowing
- for use with ibat40 series 40 v lithium-ion batteries and ichrg40 and ichrg40qc chargers - sold separately
- no pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns
- etl approved; full 2-year warranty; energy star certified
Sun Joe cordless mower is equipped with a powerful brushless motor that offers you improved efficiency, reduced vibration, and noise. It also has a 9.5-gallon detachable grass clipping bag which gives you the convenience you need during grass clippings disposal.
With this mower, you can bid goodbye to pull cords, oil and fumes. Plus, on a single charge, you get uninterrupted 40 minutes run time to get your lawn in shape.
In addition, the mower comes with a 2-year warranty and its ideal for both small and mid-sized lawns.
- Improved efficiency with reduced noise and vibration
- It has a detachable grass clippings bag
- 2-year warranty
- Easy to use
- No mulching capability
Lightweight mowers are the most ideal for people with arthritis. You get to put your lawn back in shape without much struggle or straining your body. Lightweight mowers have excellent maneuverability and do not require much of your energy to get them running.
Your mower’s quality is something you don’t want to overlook since it can be costly in the long run for you, both health-wise and money-wise. Getting a low quality machine will mean more maintenance, and the end results may not be something to pride in. It’s crucial to get a good quality machine that can get the job done painlessly and effortlessly.
Mowers that have easy -to –use features are the best choice for people with arthritis. For example, mowers that start with only a push of a button do not need much effort, and the body and joints are not easily strained. Also, you can consider getting mowers with both bagging and mulching capabilities to reduce the work of having to collect the clippings.
Your lawn’s terrain is something you may want to consider, especially if you have arthritis. This is because not all mowers will work on your landscape, and you really need to avoid straining your body at all costs. However, while some mowers are specifically designed to handle tough terrain, others are best on flat yards. Understand what your yard and body need and get the mower that will suit your needs.
Lawn Maintenance Schedule
- During fall, you can start seeding your lawn and aerate if necessary.
- Before winter came, make sure you mow the turf shortly for one last time and add fertilization treatment.
- Handpick any lingering weeds and start fresh with a pre-emergent before spring comes.
- You have to mow your lawn regularly during summer and spring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is okay. You can mow your lawn just like any other person who does not have arthritis as long as you don’t stress your body too much and, of course, following your doctor’s instructions.
This is not likely to happen if you use the right tools when gardening. Furthermore, gardening helps you remain active while relieving stress and anxieties, which may worsen arthritis symptoms.
If you start experiencing severe pains, don’t ignore them; take time to rest and recover. Remember, your health comes before anything else.
It’s worth noting that you can still go about your gardening work even with arthritis, as long you follow your doctor’s instructions and use the right tools for the job without stressing your body. Remember, if you don’t care for your health, even your passion will be cut short.