Lawn mowing is quite a satisfactory task. Especially if your mower is in perfect working condition. For this, it has to have the perfect blade. Choosing the right blade for the job can be quite a pain especially if you don’t have proper knowledge of the different blade types and how they work.
5 Best-Selling Lawn Mower Blades For Side Discharge
Table of Contents
- 1. MaxPower 561548B 2-Blade Set For 42-inch Cut: Replaces Multiple Blades
- 2. EGO Power+ AB2000 20-Inch Lawn Mower Blade: 3 In 1 Blade
- 3. Oregon 92-616 G3 Gator Blades: Strong Multifunctional Blades
- 4. MTS Genuine Parts 490-110-m116 2-in-1 High Lift Set: Quality 2-in-1 Blades
- 5. Arnold 490-10000083 21-inch / 22-inch Replacement blade: For Walk-Behind Mowers
- Buying Guide
- Lawn Mower Blade Maintenance
- Frequently Asked Questions
There are several ways to go about cutting grass on your lawn. You may decide to go with mulching, bagging, or side discharge. Whichever your choice, you have to ensure that you have got the perfect blade. For side discharge, a variety of blades may be used to get the job done. Here are some blade ideas you might want to consider next time you go shopping for the right blade for your mower.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Lawn Mower Blades For Side Discharge
- replaces mtd/cub cadet/troy-bilt oem #742-04126, 742-04308, 742-0616, 742-0616, 742-0616a, 742-0656, 942-04126, 942-04308, 942-04312, 942-0616, 942-0616a, 942-0616a, 942-0656
- replaces toro 112-0315
- replaces windsor 50-3252
- each blade measures 21-3/16" in length by 3" in width
- 6 point star center hole6 point star center hole
This is a good option to consider for your mower. The MaxPower blade is highly convenient as it is able to replace a variety of other blades used in mowers. Made of high-quality metal, this blade is sure to give you your money’s worth.
On purchase the blades come in a set consisting of two blades. Each of the lades has a length of 21-3/16” and a width of 3”. As the blades are made in the USA , they meet all the OEM specifications and requirements and are sure to serve you well over the average period of time expected.
- 3-in-1 mower blade for mulching, bagging and side discharging
- designed specifically for ego power+ mower model lm2000 and lm2001
- delivers a clean cut to promote lawn health
- sharpened steel blade for excellent cutting performance
If you’re looking for a high-performance blade that is sure to get the job done then EGO Power Lawn Mower Blade is your solution. This here is an all-purpose 3 in 1 blade for the EGO 56V 20-inch lawnmower models. It can be used for side discharge, bagging, and even mulching. The blade is of an ideal shape that ensures your lawn is looking crisp and very attractive.
The strength of the blade may not be as much as the initial blade but after a good sharpening, it is sure to return back to its former condition and deliver a good cut. The process of swapping the blades is quite easy and may be done by one person as it takes only a few minutes to complete fitting the new blade into your mower.
- set of 3 gator blades for john deere
- replaces: am137757, am137758, am141035, am141036, gx21784, gx21785, gx21786, gy20852
- 17-1/16" long, 2.5" wide, .187" thick, mounting hole is a 7 point star hole
- the gator mulchertm blades unique design has revolutionized the way blades mulch grass clippings. the angle of the gator teeth redirects the air flow to keep the clipping directly in front of the cutting edge. the longer the clippings remain in front of the cutting edge, the finer the size of the clipping. the result - less bagging! less raking! quicker decomposition. also from the manufacturer: the benefits of using the gator mulchertm blade 1. no bagging! 2. save time by eliminating the need to bag! 3. save money by not paying for recycling! 4. save the environment by not using the landfill for grass clipping! 5. save even more time! mulch and mow at the same speed as mowing! 6. grass clipping are cut smaller. clippings fall though the grass and add nutrients to the lawn! 7. gator mulchertm blades last longer in sandy soil conditions! 8. leaves are reduced to a fine mulch - virtually eliminating the need to bag!
- hardened steel for extended blade life. all oregon blades are austemper heat treated
The Oregon Gator Blade is one that is sure to give you the desired results and may even surpass your expectations. With its specialized design, this blade is designed to produce finer clipping making the end result of your lawn mowing even more impressive. Since the grass is cut into fine particles, the process of raking and recycling the waste is simplified greatly.
The blades are guaranteed to serve you for a long time as they are hardened to extend their use life.during handling of the blade, one should be extremely cautious as they might hurt someone. The installation of the blade should also be done with someone with adequate experience because in the event that they are not properly installed they might come off and cause serious damage.
- fits 46" lawn and garden tractors, 1997 and after
- for troy-bilt, mtd, yard-man, huskee, yard machines and bolens
- contains three blades
- 2-in-1 blade set: bag and side discharge
- replaces o.e. # 942-0644, 742-0644, 942-0645, 742-0645
This MTS Genuine Parts 2-in-1 blade set for 42-inch mowers 1997 and after, is made for quality and precision. It is suitable for carrying out both bagging and side discharge making it good for you if you ever feel the need to change your approach to mowing your lawn. This blade is able to replace a variety of other blades making it very useful. On purchase, one pack contains a set of three blades.
The blades are approved by the OEM( Original Equipment Manufacturer) therefore you are assured of a quality blade that will serve you for a pretty long time. The package comes in a set of three blades designed to fit several mower types. These blades will certainly give you worth for your money with its high performance and quality.
- fits most walk-behind mowers with a 21"-22" deck cutting width from the following manufacturers: troy-bilt, craftsman, bolens, honda, huskee, husqvarna, murray, poulan, toro, s and yard-man
- 6-in-1 power rake dethatches, bags, rakes, scalps, mulches and cuts
- can adjust deck height for different chores and will not damage sprinkler heads
- tough replaceable nylon lines, .170" thick
- universal design
In case you have a walk-behind mower with 21”-22” cutting width then this replacement Arnold Replacement blade might come in handy for you. The 6-in-1 blade does a variety of tasks making this blade quite convenient for your mowing. It is able to carry out dethatching, bagging, raking, mulching, and cutting.
The blade is quite tough making it ideal for multiple chores and it also gives you a high performance to go with it. Deck height can be adjusted to fit multiple chores and no damage whatsoever will come to the sprinkler heads.
Getting a replacement blade for your mower may give you quite a headache especially if you are unsure of the exact fit and the blade models you can choose. Here, we give you a buying guide to help you out next time you go looking for a replacement blade for your mower.
1. Determine Size Of Blade Required
Before buying a replacement blade for your mower, be sure to check on the required blade size. Most mowers have a specific blade size required for them so trying to fit in a blade which is not of that size will not work.
2. Check On The Type Of Mower You Use
There are three types of mowers , the push mower, self propelled mower and driven mower. It is important to note that these three mowers may require specific blade types. Blades used in push and self propelled mowers may not be compatible with the driven mowers. Therefore it is important to check the compatibility of a blade with your mower. You may make inquiries at the store and will be advised accordingly on the blade type needed for your mower.
3. Quality Of The Metal Used On The Blade
When purchasing a blade, be sure to get you one that will serve you long. A higher quality blade may cost slightly more than an average blade but it is better than getting a blade that will not serve you as long as you need.
Lawn Mower Blade Maintenance
Maintaining your lawnmower blade at its best can be messy and time-consuming. Here’s how you can take care of your lawnmower blade by yourself:
- First is to use safety gear such as safety glasses and leather work gloves to avoid any accidents,
- Unplug the spark plug on the lawnmower to avoid accidental startup. Cleaning and changing the lawn mower’s blade needs it to be turned up on its side which might cause accidental fuel spillage.
- Hose down the housing and blade until all the grass clippings and dirt are extracted. Scrape off the hardened and caked off grass, dirt, and debris.
- Unscrew the nut holding the blade and if you can’t do it with your ratchet, try using a bigger one.
- You must inspect the blade to know the condition of your lawnmower blade in order to determine if it will need sharpening or change to a new one. It is important to regularly check the condition of the blade, if they are cracked or bent they can break during use and can cause severe damage to the lawnmower and more likely to injure the operator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions concerning the purchase of lawn mower blades and their answers.
If you are unsure if a blade will fit your mower, you could provide the seller with your mower details and specifications and you will receive feedback on whether a blade is compatible with your mower.
The process of switching blades is not that complicated and a guide may be given. However, if you are unable to switch it on your own it is advised to seek a professional to do it for you.
The quality of a blade is basically determined by its ability to withstand different types of grass without unnecessary wear.
When choosing a replacement blade for your mower it is important to make proper inquiries especially if you are unsure of the blade type. Picking the right base for your mower is not such an easy task. However, with the recommendations, buying guide, and answers to commonly asked questions provided above, we hope to help you make a more informed decision next time you go looking for the right blade.