Aeration is an essential part of lawn care that every homeowner should embrace. when you aerate a lawn, you make it grow healthier and greener.
5 Best-Selling Lawn Fertilizer after Aeration
Table of Contents
After aeration, adding fertilizer to your lawn enables it to get then maximum aerating benefits. Here is a review of the best lawn fertilizer after aeration.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Lawn Fertilizer after Aeration
- creates proper soil conditions to grow a great lawn
- helps loosen heavy, packed soils
- releases tied up nutrients
- enhances grass root development
This lawn food nourishes the soil while creating the right conditions for the grass to grow greener consistently. Plus, it also helps to loosen compacted soil for easy penetration of air, nutrients and water to the grassroots.
If you have been fertilizing your lawn and have not been seeing any results Jonathan Green & Sons lawn food is the choice for you. This is thanks to its impeccable ability to nourish your lawn while releasing all tied-up nutrients in the soil.
A bag of this lawn food is enough to cover up to 5,000 sq ft. Moreover, the fertilizer is in pellet form and is designed to enhance grass root development for a healthier lawn.
- Loosens compacted soil
- Easy to apply
- It helps release tied up nutrients
- May experience some packaging issues
- made from feather meal, pasteurized poultry manure & gypsum
- 8-0-0 formulation 30lbs
- feeds up to 5,000 sq ft
- safe for kids and pets
- environmentally friendly
This is an organic fertilizer made from feather meal, manure, pasteurized poultry and gypsum. The fertilizer is chemical-free and environmentally friendly; hence also suitable for lawns near water sources.
Espoma EOLB30 Organic Lawn Booster Fertilizer has an NPK formulation of 8.0.0 and is slow releasing for a long-lasting, deep green lawn. A bag of this organic fertilizer feeds up to 5,000sqft and does not burn your lawn if used as directed. Additionally, the fertilizer is easy to use and also safe for kids and pets.
Its only drawback is that it has a strong unpleasant smell, but this should not limit you from getting it since the smell vanishes soon after you water the lawn. This fertilizer will transform your lifeless yard into a vibrant and lively yard worth priding in.
- It’s an organic fertilizer
- It is Chemical-free
- Safe for pets and kids
- It has an unpleasant smell
- ✅ if you look for fertilizer for promoting the growth of lush, thick, and highly green grass, milorganite 0636 organic nitrogen fertilizer is the right choice for you. the secret of this product is 4% iron it contains, which is added for a deeper green color of your grass.
- ✅ its npk is 5-2-0, which means that this organic nitrogen fertilizer doesn’t contain potassium. therefore, avoid using it in the regions with regular droughts. also, since this product doesn’t contain elements for growing a robust root system, you can use it only when your grass is already well-established.
- ✅ this fertilizer meets all epa’s quality standards and comes in plastic bags of 32 pounds. don’t be upset with its intense smell. it will die down after watering. always keep in mind that it is an excellent organic fertilizer, entirely safe for your children and pets.
- ✅ as a bonus, when you sprinkle this granular mix throughout your garden, you will get a repellent as well. it seems that bugs, bunnies, and deer don’t like that scent too.
- ✅ bundled with persons protective gloves. protect your hands when you contact the fertilizers.
If you are a landscaper who likes promoting your lawn’s health without polluting the environment, Milorganite 0636 Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer is the fertilizer for you; it is organic and free of chemicals.
This fertilizer is slow releasing and feeds your lawn for up to 10 weeks after application. It also contains 4% iron which promotes a greener, lush and thicker grass without burning it. Besides, it has an NPK of 5.2.0 and does not contain potassium.
The fertilizer comes in a plastic bag of 32 pounds which is enough to feed 2,500sqft of your lawn. It also comes with personal protective gloves, which protects and keeps your hands dry when handling the fertilizer.
- It’s an organic fertilizer
- It eco-friendly
- Feeds lawn for up to 10 weeks
- It comes with Protective gloves for the safety of your hands
- It’s not ideal for drought-prone regions
- It has an intense smell
- instantly feeds all grass types
- encourages a soft green carpet of grass that will be the pride of the neighborhood
- feeds up to 7,200 sq. ft.
- the fast way to a thick, green lawn
- for use with the miracle-gro garden feeder
One thing to love about this fertilizer is its quick action; it feeds your lawn instantly, giving it a healthy look in no time. Furthermore, the fertilizer is soluble and can be applied to all grass types.
Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Lawn Food is the fastest yet efficient way to a healthier, lush, and greener lawn. When applied soon after aeration, it encourages your grass to grow in a carpet-like way adding a deep and irresistible charm to it.
Apply this fertilizer is easy since you can use it with a Miracle Gro garden feeder, then attach the feeder to a hose, turn on the water and start feeding your hungry lawn. One bag has enough lawn food to cover up to 7,200sqft.
- Feeds instantly
- Ideal for all grass types
- Easy to apply
- It has a wide coverage compared to other fertilizers of the same quantity
- It’s pricey
- feeds for deep greening in just 3 days for greener grass
- dual-action, 2-in-1 formula feeds and supplements with iron
- fertilizer not to stain when used as directed
- apply to any grass type in the spring, summer and fall months
- recommended for many lawns as part of the scotts lawn care plan
The most outstanding feature about this fertilizer is its 2-in-1 formula. This fertilizer is not only a lawn food but also an iron supplement for a healthier, thicker and greener lawn. Interestingly, it contains 5% iron, an essential micro-nutrient that boosts your lawn’s greening process.
Its quick action is something you will love. After application, results are visible in 3 days. Your grass will become greener, healthier and undeniably enviable.
If used as directed by the manufacturer, the fertilizer will not stain your walk paths or any surfaces near your lawn. For best results, apply during spring, summer and fall months and soon after aerating.
- It also acts as an iron supplement
- Quick action and fast results
- It promotes thicker and greener grass
- If it comes into contact with water, it can stain surfaces
1. Type of Soil
The type of soil you have on your lawn will significantly determine the fertilizer you will use. This is because different soil types need different amounts of nutrients. To avoid overfeeding or underfeeding your grass, you can conduct a soil test to determine its nutrients and the amount to be added.
It’s crucial to be aware of what you are feeding your soil and grass. Don’t use poor quality fertilizers due to their low price; this may cost you your lawn, and the years you’ve spent tending to it. To be on the safe side, ensure the fertilizer you use fully complies with your state’s regulations. If this is not indicated, go for fertilizer from a reputable manufacturer.
3. Size of Lawn
Fertilizers are packaged in different quantities ranging from small, medium and large. They are measured for different lawn sizes. Ensure you check the label to know if the bag you buy will be enough to cover all your lawn. Don’t dilute the fertilizer or underfeed to cover the whole lawn; just get another bag.
4. Type of Fertilizer
When you think about buying fertilizers, you have three options to choose from, water-soluble, organic, or granular. All of these are effective, but water-soluble fertilizer is the ideal option if you are looking for a quick-acting fertilizer. For slow-releasing fertilizer, organic fertilizer is the best, while granular fertilizer is perfect when you want to be in control of when your grass feeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is wise to fertilize soon after aeration. This ensures that nutrients penetrate easily through the aerating holes down to the grassroots.
You can water your lawn after aerating but ensure you don’t water it for long. Just give it enough water to keep the soil moist without overwatering.
How often you aerate your lawn will significantly depend on the type of soil, moisture and seasons. However, it’s recommended to aerate your lawn once per year.
It’s not advisable to mow soon after aeration; this is because if your mow during this time, there is a possibility of your mower chopping the plugs, which may cause the soil to go back to the aerating holes.