Kinetic log splitters are fast, easy to maintain and powerful. Since they use the kinetic energy stored in a flywheel to power the ram, they tend to be faster than hydraulic log splitters. This means you can get more done with a kinetic splitter within a shorter period of time.
5 Best-Selling Kinetic Log Splitters
Table of Contents
- 1. Sportsman Earth Series 19 Ton Gas Powered Kinetic Log Splitter
- 2. Generac K10, 10-Ton Kinetic Electric Log Splitter
- 3. Performance Built T20 Kinetic Log Splitter
- 4. Powerhouse XM-880 Kinetic log splitter
- 5. PowerKing 34 Ton Kinetic Log Splitter
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Kinetic Log Splitters
There are various types of kinetic log splitters in the market. Picking the best one for your needs will come down to factors such as cycle time, log capacity and power. Our top 5 recommendations and easy buying guide will help you pick the best splitter for your needs.
- utilizes kinetic energy for a faster cycle time, cut more wood in less time. makes chopping up wood quicker, easier, and safer. easy pull recoil start.
- material: metal. color: green. assembled size: 70" long x 40" high x 12.5" wide. holds up to 21" logs. drop tray: 18.5" x 16", 7" steel splitting wedge.
- two handed operation for safety. two 12 x 4.8-8 inch hard rubber wheels included for mobility. cycle time of approximately 2 seconds.
- kinetic motion equivalent to 10 tons of hydraulic power. maximum log length: 21", maximum log diameter: 13.75", 100 lbs max weight capacity.
- epa approved, non-carb compliant/not for sale in california. country of origin: china. warranty: 1 year limited. assembly required: yes.
This kinetic log splitter makes chopping wood quicker and more efficient. The fast cycle time and easy start mean ease of use and efficiency is one of the best. It is a two-handed operation log splitter and has kinetic motion equivalent to 10 tons of hydraulic power.
- Easy pull recoil start
- Fast splitting cycle at 2 seconds per cycle
- Drop tray to catch logs
- simpler—the k10 has very few moving parts to go wrong - especially compared to hydraulic splitters with their pumps, valves, pistons, hoses, and fluid
- stronger—a 25 lb. flywheel spinning at 490 rpm stores energy from the k10’s 110-volt electric motor
- faster—energy is unleashed via a rack and pinion gear, achieving a lightning-fast, 1-second cycle time (the time it takes for the ram to split the log and return!)
- splits logs 16-inch long and up to 12-inch in diameter
- safe for indoor use; 2 year limited warranty
With a one-second cycle and 10 tons of splitting force, this is one of the most efficient kinetic log splitters. It runs on an electric motor meaning no gas emissions. It also comes in a highly portable compact design that you can use in different areas including indoors.
- Easy to transport and store
- Quiet operation and emission-free
- Fast and powerful splitting force for enhanced efficiency
- 4 times faster than hydraulic log splitters (splits 4 cords of wood to every 1 cord vs. hydraulic)
- 3 second cycle time. two-hand operation for safety
- tow kits included for changing from push type to tow type
- pin type hitch for towing behind atvs
- 33" work table included
This kinetic log splitter delivers a splitting force of 20 tons and can split logs up to 20.3” in length. It performs at an impressive 3 seconds per cycle and comes with a patented clutch system for maximum power. This log split requires a two-handed operation which means more safety for the operator.
- It comes with tow kits for easy portability
- Log catching tray
- Powerful 20-ton ram force
- telescoping wedge with 3 settings: 24", 21. 6", and 19" for splitting any log 24" or shorter.
- performance: better than 12-ton hydraulic systems
- motor: 2hp, 4900 rpm - no running out of gas; starts every time; fumeless and low-noise
- frame: durable 3-mm powder-coated industrial steel construction
- compact design: easily fits under work tables and in car trunks
This Powerhouse kinetic log splitter is built for durability and efficiency. It comes with a sturdy powder-coated industrial steel construction for enhanced durability. The 2HP, 4900 RPM motor ensures an emission-free and low noise operation making it eco-friendly and easy to use. This log splitter can split logs of up to 24”.
- Compact design that is easy to store and transport
- No emissions or fumes
- Quick and easy to set up
This heavy-duty log splitter from PowerKing comes with large all-terrain towers for easy towing. With a splitting force similar to a 34-ton hydraulic machine. This splitter can split logs of up to 28”. It’s 8” wedge makes splitting even the toughest of logs easy.
- Easy to tow
- Powerful and efficient splitting power
- Fast cycle speed
Here are some pointers to help you pick the best kinetic log splitter for your needs.
1. How Much Power Does the Kinetic Log Splitter Have?
Depending on the type of work you need the kinetic log splitter for, the best kinetic log splitter for your needs will vary. For typical home use, a 10-ton log splitter will do the job adequately. For much heavier work, there are kinetic log splitters with higher splitting force.
Kinetic log splitters with higher splitting force will generally be more expensive but they will be more efficient in handling larger logs.
2. Consider the Log Capacity
Kinetic log splitters can handle logs of different capacities. Some are designed to take logs of up to 28”, while others have much lower capacities. Always check the log capacity to ensure the log splitter you are buying is up to the task you intend to use it for.
3. Is it One-Hand Operated or Two-Handed?
Kinetic log splitters come as either one-handed models or two-handed models. While a one-handed model is easier to use, two-handed models are superior in terms of safety.
Depending on how comfortable you are using a one-handed log splitter or a two-handed splitter, the decision between the two will come down to individual preference.
4. Consider the Engine Type
A log splitter with an electric engine is typically emission-free and low noise. It is thus a better option if you want a product you can use indoors or in confined spaces.
Kinetic log splitters can also run on gas. If you pick a gas engine product, always check the engine size. It will give you an indication of how much work the splitter can handle and the quantity of gas required.
5. Consider the Build and Design of the Kinetic Log Splitter
A kinetic log splitter that is easy to tow and transport is more practical than the one you cannot tow. Some log splitters will come with wheels or towing units to make movement easier.
Compact designs have the added advantage of being easy to tow and store. Some kinetic log splitters are compact enough to transport in your car.
Durability is one of the key considerations when choosing a kinetic log splitter. Go for brands that have sturdy and solid construction. Kinetic log splitters with wedges made using heavy-duty steel tend to be more durable.
Look for sturdy frames that are solidly built to withstand even heavy cutting work. This will save you the trouble of having to deal with broken parts regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions
A kinetic log splitter uses a hefty flywheel system. This system stores energy from the engine in spinning flywheels then releases it in a powerful burst to cut through the log.
Yes, kinetic log splitters are generally faster than hydraulic log splitters. They are also easier to maintain since they have no hydraulic oil or pumps.
Yes, electric powered splitters are usually free of emissions and fumes and thus safe to use in confined spaces. They are also considerably less noisy compared to hydraulic gas splitters.
The average cycle time of a kinetic log splitter ranges between two to three seconds.
Kinetic technology has made log splitters faster to use and easier to maintain. With cycle speeds as fast as two seconds, you can get your work done in no time. The easy maintenance of kinetic splitters is also an added plus. If you want a practical, fast and durable splitter, kinetic log splitters are definitely worth checking out.