While on the journey of growing a healthier, greener, lawn, treating it is very much necessary. Treating your lawn does not only get rid of the annoying weeds but also gives your lawn the right environment it needs to flourish.
5 Best-Selling Hose-End Weed Killer for Lawns
Table of Contents
- 1. Spectracide Weed Stop For Lawns Concentrate
- 2. Ortho 0430005 B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate
- 3. BioAdvanced 704119A Extreme Crabgrass Herbicide Weed Killer
- 4. Roundup for Lawns 6 Ready-To-Spray
- 5. Ortho 447805 Weedclear Weed Killer
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
With the right selective herbicides, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your lawn since they only kill weeds without harming your lawn. Here is a review of the best hose end weed killers for lawns.
Reviews of Top Rated Hose-End Weed Killer for Lawns
This weed killer is designed to kill more than 200 types of broadleaf weeds such as Dandelions, chickweed, and cloves. Spectracide Weed Stop for Lawns Concentrate kills only the weed without harming your lawn.
It’s fascinating how this herbicide kills to the root, ensuring that the weed is dead with no return chances. With a 32 ounce bottle, you will treat up to 16,000sq. Ft, but in case your lawn is larger, a 40-ounce bottle that treats up to 20,000sqft will be ideal.
Moreover, it is rainproof. If it rains or the lawn is watered 6 hours after application, the herbicide will not be washed away. For best results, mow first before treating.
- It kills more than 200 types of weeds
- It kills to the roots
- Extensive coverage
- It’s pricey
- You may have to reapply after sometime
- kills dandelions, clover and other broadleaf weeds
- won’t harm the lawn - (when used as directed)
- kills weeds to the root
- kills 250+ listed weeds (see label for listed weeds)
- results in hours
Ortho 0430005 B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate is thoughtfully designed for southern and northern lawns and is effective on more than 250 types of broadleaf weeds like dandelions and clovers. The weed killer kills to the root, completely eliminating the annoying weeds from your lawn.
This weed killer is more effective on actively growing weeds, and upon application, results are visible in hours. It’s also worth appreciating the fact that the herbicide does not harm the lawn; rather, it’s very aggressive on weeds.
Additionally, it waterproofs in 1 hour as compared to other weed killers. The herbicide is DIY friendly, and you can use the dial ‘N’ spray hose-end sprayer to treat your lawn effectively.
- Effective on both northern and southern turfs
- It kills more than 250 types of weeds
- Fast action
- Safe on lawn
- if overs-prayed, it can burn the grass
- crabgrass killer: kills even large, hairy and smooth crabgrass
- special formula: the special crabgrass solution kills to the root
- use on: northern turfs such as rescue, perennial ryegrass, and kentucky bluegrass
- rainproof protection: rainproof in 1 hour
Are you sick and tired of seeing the annoying crabgrass on your lawn? Well, worry no more since BioAdvanced 704119A Extreme Crabgrass Herbicide Weed Killer is exactly here for that. It effectively kills all types of crabgrass in hours, including Crabgrass, Japanese stilt grass, and Barnyard grass.
A bottle of this weed killer covers up to 5,000sqft, and it will not burn your lawn if used as directed. It is also recommended to treat your lawn when the temperatures are below 90 degrees.
Much like Ortho 0430005 B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate, the herbicide waterproofs in 1 hour; hence you don’t have to fret if it rains after spraying.
The only drawback about this weed killer is that it is likely to harm St. Augustine, Bermudagrass, Floratum, Zoysiagrass, Bentgrass, Centipede, or Bahia lawns.
- It kills all types of crabgrass
- Larger coverage
- Safe on lawns
- Can harm some types of grass
- for use on southern grasses including floratam and centipede
- kills weeds, not the lawn
- kills dollarweed, dandelion, clover and yellow nutsedge
- kills 93 types of weeds
- kills the root. guaranteed!* *consumer guarantee: if for any reason you are not satisfied after using this product, simply send us original proof of purchase, and we will refund the purchase price.
This herbicide is designed for southern grass such as Centipede and Floratam and kills about 93 types of weeds you are likely to find on your lawn. It also comes with a ready-to-use applicator; all you need to do is connect the bottle to a garden hose, turn on the water and get rid of those annoying weeds.
The herbicide is selective and will kill weeds, including dandelions, dollar weeds and clover, without damaging your lawn. A bottle of this weed killer will cover up to 6,000sqft and rainproof in 4 hours.
Another interesting thing about Roundup for Lawns 6 Ready-To-Spray is the consumer guarantee. In case a customer is not satisfied with this product, a refund can be done as long as there is evidence of purchase.
- Ideal for southern grass
- Ready-to-use bottle
- It’s a selective weed killer
- Not safe for northern grass
- kill weeds in your lawn, including dandelion, chickweed, clover, crabgrass, and foxtail with the ortho weedclear lawn weed killer
- fast-acting, with results in one application
- kills weeds to the roots but won't harm the lawn (when used as directed)
- for use on grasses, including bermudagrass, buffalograss, fescues, kentucky bluegrass, ryegrass, and zoysiagrass
- apply easily by connecting a garden hose to the attached sprayer--treats up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Just one application of the Ortho 447805 WeedClear Weed Killer is enough to kill all the dandelions, clovers, crabgrass, and other weeds invading your lawn. The herbicide is safe and does not harm the lawn you spent tears and sweat to grow.
It is also easy to apply by simply connecting the garden hose to the attached sprayer and turning on the water. The weed killer in this bottle is enough to cover 5,000sqft, and it kills weed down to the root.
For best results, treat when the weeds are actively growing.
- It kills over 200 types of weed
- Easy to use
- May burn the grass if over-sprayed
Weed controllers are a must-have for every homeowner. However, it’s not all weed killers that will effectively work for your lawn. Here are some of the factors you may want to look at before purchasing your weed killer.
1. Type of lawn
The type of grass on your lawn will greatly influence the type of weed controller you buy. Some weed controllers are specifically designed for certain grass types and are likely to burn a lawn if sprayed on the wrong grass type. Therefore ensure you are aware of what your lawn needs and get it just that.
You have no excuse for not having a weed-free lawn since weed killers are widely available and at super pocket-friendly prices. Most of these herbicides are affordable, and even if you are working on a budget, you will get something effective and of quality.
If you don’t want to destroy your lawn permanently, get selective herbicides. They will only kill what you want them to kill without harming or damaging your lawn. There are so many herbicides in the market, and if you are not sure which one best suits you, ask a professional to help you pick the right one for your lawn.
4. Size of lawn
Larger lawns will require more gallons of herbicides than small or mid-sized lawns. Also, some herbicides may be highly concentrated while others are dilute. Ensure you clearly read the instructions to understand the amount of herbicide required for your lawn and only spray what your lawn needs. Over-spraying your lawn can burn your grass.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you are looking to kill weeds without harming your grass, a selective herbicide is the answer. Selective herbicides are designed to only kill weeds, while nonselective herbicides will kill any plants it comes into contact with.
To grow a healthy lawn, you will have to kill the weeds first, even before planting your grass seed. This is to allow the grass to grow well without having to compete with the weeds for nutrients.
If you want to add more green color to your grass, the best way is to fertilize it. Choose a fertilizer with a high concentration of Nitrogen since it helps improve the color of your grass.
Most of these herbicides you only need to spray once for you to see noticeable results. Consider getting hose-end weed killers for faster action and enviable results.