With some of the most advanced tools in the market today, carrying out home repairs should’t be a headache. One of these tools is the finishing nail gun trim. Also known as finish nailers, finishing nail guns trim are the ideal tools to choose when working on your patio, building, furniture or carrying out indoor and outdoor home improvement jobs.
5 Best-Selling Finishing Nail Gun for Trim
Table of Contents
- 1. Milwaukee Electric Tool 2741-21CT
- 2. HITACHI NT65MA4 Finish Nailer
- 3. DEWALT DCN660B 20V 16 Gauge Finish Nail
- 4. Freeman PFN1564 15 Gauge Angle Finish Nailer
- 5. Metabo Pneumatic Finish Nailer
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Finishing Nail Gun for Trim
If you are looking for the best finishing nail gun for trim here is a review that can help find the right one for your job.
- power state brushless motor
- ready to fire cylinder construction
- 110 magazine capacity
If you are looking for accuracy and precision in all your woodworking needs, this amazing tool is the answer. Featuring advanced features, the Milwaukee Electric Tool will provide you with the kind of efficiency that you need for your job. Fitted with a stable battery you’ll enjoy longer run time without necessarily charging it constantly.
As one of the best nailers in the market, it uses a unique brushless motor that helps prevent it from overheating or overloading. With the main body made of some of the best materials and the housing constructed from durable plastic, it’s a tool that you can trust. Besides, its lightweight and also comes with a 5-year warranty
- hitachi power tools has renamed to metabo hpt. same great tools, with only a new name.
- integrated air duster can be used to clear away dust and debris from the work surface in preparation for nailing or gluing
- tool less, easy to clear nose for quick nail extraction should a nail jam during use
- tool less depth of drive dial adjusts for flush fastening into varying materials for improved control and a professional finish
- 360 degree fully adjustable exhaust portal directs air exhaust away from the user or work piece
HITACHI NT65MA4 Finish Nailer is one of the best finishing nail guns for trim that you cannot ignore. With its integrated air duster, you can use it to clean away all the debris and dust from your work surface before commencing the job. Whether you want to install base moldings or chair rails, or exterior trim and staircases, this is the most reliable and effective tool to use.
With its 360 degrees exhaust, you can easily direct it away from you so that you aren’t affected by the debris, exhausts, and oil. More so, you can make adjustments depending on the pressure needed. If you are a bit pessimistic it comes with one of the best warranties. With its 7 years limited warranty, you can always take it back to the manufacturer in case of anything.
- integrated led lights
- bump operating mode
- 20-degree finish nailer
- maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. nominal voltage is 18
As one of the most popular brands in the market DEWALT never fails when it comes to making power tools. As one of the best electric finishing nail guns for trim, this tool uses a 20-volt battery to provide you with the service that you need. When you use it for the right reasons you’ll realize that it’s an awesome gun.
Since it’s well built and quite durable it’s a tool that will never give you any problems. Like a 16 gauge finish nailer, it’s quite suitable for nail lengths of up to one and a half inches. This should be suitable for most users. Further, it’s equipped with integrated LED lights. To provide you peace of mind it comes with a 3-year warranty.
- nailed it: this 34 degree angle finish nailer is great for installing base board, crown moulding, trim, doors, window casing, cabinetry and furniture components. it uses 34 degree 15 gauge fasteners from 1-1/4" to 2-1/2".
- pro design: this lightweight and durable nail gun features a quick jam release, dual mode trigger for sequential or bump firing, and a tool-free depth adjust. it will significantly increase the productivity of diyers at home and professional construction contractors at the job site.
- the right tool for the job: we're committed to providing outstanding value, top tier customer service and long lasting, high quality products. we make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and everything in between.
- quality and durability: we manufacture tools with the most durable materials under strict quality control guidelines, suitable for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. our tools are sold, distributed, serviced, and warrantied in the usa.
- tough and dependable: we make an array of durable construction tools and accessories, including staplers and nailers for siding, flooring, framing, finish, and roofing. compare our products to similar items by makita, hitachi, bostitch, senco, paslode, and dewalt.
If there is one finishing nail gun for trim that lives up to its reputation then, it’s Freeman PFN1564 15 Gauge Angle Finish Nailer. Made with convenience, ease of use, and efficiency in mind, this unique nailer will help you do the jobs such as cabinetry, crown molding, and baseboard installation quite well.
As dual trigger mode finish nailer, you can choose the model that you want to use depending on your project. Since it’s lightweight and quite durable, it will significantly boost your productivity if you use it for the right job. Whether you are looking for durability or quality this is the right tool for you.
- same tools. new name. hitachi power tools has renamed to metabo hpt
- accepts 16-gauge fasteners ranging from 1" up to 2-1/2"
- ergonomically designed simple flip actuation switch for easy transitions between bump fire or sequential fire modes
- integrated air duster button allows air from the compressor to bypass the nailing function and expel air from a hole in the front of the nailer
- tool-less depth of drive dial allows the user to easily adjust the drive depth for a professional finish
Metabo Pneumatic Finish Nailer is not only a powerful tool but is also versatile enough thus can work with all nails ranging from 1 to 2. To ensure that you enjoy easy transitions between sequential fire modes and bump fire it’s equipped with an ergonomically designed simple flip switch.
Since it has a handy carrying case it’s quite easy to move from one job to another. Plus, its tool-free adjustment body and dust control system makes it one of the easiest tools to maintain out there. If you intend to use it for long its rubber-coated grip will ensure that your hands are comfortable for long. Although it’s one of the most expensive tools out there its price is worth it.
There are two main types of finishing nail guns for trim namely the straight and angled finish nailer. If you are looking for a versatile tool the right tool to choose is the angled finish nailer.
2. Power type
Just like other tools, different finish nailers use different types of power. Apart from the gas-powered finish nailers there are also the pneumatic finish nailers. So you need to choose one depending on the type of power that you are looking for.
The weight of your finishing nail gun for trim will also have a big impact on the kind of experience that you get. Since nailers are handheld tools you need to choose one that you can comfortably carry for long.
Finishing nail guns for trim gauges ranges from 15-23. While the lower numbers are meant for the thicker nails the opposite is true for the higher numbers. Although the 15 gauge nailers are some of the most preferred, you need to choose one depending on the kind of job that you intend to do.
5. Nail depth
A good finishing nail gun for trim should be versatile enough to provide you with different nail depths. It’s therefore important to choose one with depth adjustment features.
6. Nail jams
While nail jam is something that you cannot avoid, you need to choose one with a tool-free clearing feature so as to ensure that you clear them fast.
If you want to have peace of mind, choosing one with a warranty is the right thing to do. Although there are different warranties in the market make sure you go for between 2 to 5-year warranties.
8. Durability and reliability
Just like all power tools out there, checking the durability and reliability of the tool is vital. One of the best ways to check out this is its warranty period.
Frequently Asked Questions
While this tool will give you permanent hold on your project, it’s best suited for molding, cabinetry, and building.
If you have a thicker work surface then this is the best nailer to use. It also works best for door framing, chair rail, and window casing.
Finish nailers are generally categorized depending on the gauge. The higher the gauge number, the smaller the nail it uses. Make sure you choose one depending on the work that you want to accomplish.
If you have light projects then a finishing nail gun for trim is the best. On the other hand, framing nailers are suited for jobs such as framing, major carpentry work, and wood siding.
The best finishing nail gun for trim to use for paneling is a finish nail gun. You can also use it for cabinets, crown molding, hardwood flooring, and wood furniture.
While nailers are very important tools you need to choose one depending on your needs. By considering features such as gauge, nail depth, weight, and size you’ll definitely find the best. If you don’t know where to start you can start with the above.