Efficiency is a big deal in gardening. When it comes to lawnmowers, you need one that is easy to use, powerful, and easy to maintain.
3 Best-Selling Easy Start Petrol Lawn Mowers
Table of Contents
- 1. The Craftsman M105 3-in-1 Lawnmower
- 2. The Craftsman M275 Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- 3. The Yard Machines 2-in-1 Petrol Lawn Mower
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
We know the world is moving towards electrical power. Sure, that’s a good move. However, there are very few electric lawnmowers that are powerful enough to do the job. Also, the majority of “capable” electric lawn mowers are quite costly.
Today, we’ll reveal to you the best easy-start petrol lawn mowers available in the market. In addition to that, we’ll also tell you how to spot and identify a worthy lawn mower.
Let’s get started.
Reviews of Top Rated Easy Start Petrol Lawn Mowers
- 140cc ohv gas powered engine: engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. no more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!.clipping collection: rear bag collects grass clippings for easy cleanup or composting.
- 3-in-1 capabilities: unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities. ideal for yards 1/8 to 1/4 of an acre
- 21-inch cutting deck: efficient cutting deck helps trim grass in one quick pass for an easier yard job.
- dual-lever adjustable cutting height: choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- durable wheels: zag treaded tires measure 7 inches in the front and 8 inches in the back.
For us, this is the queen of petrol lawnmowers. She is the complete package.
If you are looking for a reliable lawnmower, then we’re pleased to announce, “She is the one.”
As expected of Craftsman, the engine is top-notch.
The 140cc Briggs and Stratton engine propels this lawnmower.
Is the engine noisy? No, this has got to be one of the quietest lawn mowers you can find in the market. Also, its fuel consumption is affordable.
How is its cutting ability?
First, the lawnmower is height adjustable. You get to choose from 6 heights between 25 and 75mm depending on the grass you intended to slay.
Furthermore, the lawnmower has a sizable 70-liter grass box. Oh, plus the grass box also has a level indicator that will tell you when to empty.
Practically speaking, this lawnmower is fun to use.
The 3-in-1 one cutting feature won our hearts—You decide how you want to mow your lawn. You get to choose from several options; Side-discharge, rear-discharge, and mulching.
- It’s a powerful lawnmower offering plenty of ways to mow your lawn.
- The 3-in-1 cutting feature is more than enough to win over any gardener.
- Its height adjustability is noteworthy.
- The build is durable and reliable.
- It lacks grass rollers and cannot form stripes.
American ingenuity strikes again!
What makes the Craftsman M275 lawn mower so unique?
Have you seen the stripes this lawnmower produces? One word—Sublime.
The previous lawn mower is great and all. However, it’s unable to produce those light and dark green stripes that we all love to see in our gardens.
The Craftsman M275 has an integrated grass roller capable of this art form. After cutting, the rollers press the grass to create the stripes.
Nonetheless, the rollers do more than creating stripes. They also enable the lawnmower to cut grass at the edges and around obstacles without scraping.
How is the engine? Is it powerful and reliable?
Yes. Yes, it is. The lawnmower is powered by an MTD Products 159cc engine. Its fuel consumption is good, and the noise and vibrations are bearable thanks to a performance muffler.
Have you ever heard of the Auto-drive system? It’s a self-propulsion feature. You longer have to struggle to push the lawnmower over the grass.
How is its cutting ability?
Well, the lawnmower possesses a 21-inch blade that goes all the way to the edge.
In addition to that, you also get to choose from 6 different cutting heights between 1,25 inches and 3.75 inches. The grass-box has a capacity of 60 liters. On top of that, it also has a handle for easy and quick emptying.
What about the easy-start feature?
No need to worry. The Craftsman M275 lawnmower has an electric push-to-start button capable of 50 starts when fully charged. There is also a recoil startup that acts as the backup.
- The 6-height adjustment feature is great to have.
- Its American build and design are durable.
- The auto-drive feature makes work so much easier.
- The integrated rear grass roller works like a charm.
- The lawnmower is quite costly.
- It doesn’t have most of the 4-in-1 cutting features available with the previous lawnmower.
- powerful engine: 140cc reliable engine equipped with recoil start and primer. battle tested and battle ready to get to work right away and help you get the job done.
- mutliple height settings: dual lever height adjuster with 6 different height settings. whether your lawn needs a light trim or a full cut, find the height setting that fits the task at hand.
- 2-in-1 cutting deck: side discharge and mulching capabilities.
- efficient and effective: 21" cutting deck to assist you in trimming your lawn as fast as possible. mow wider areas of grass with fewer passes.
- durable tires: 7-inch and 11-inch wheels with bar treading capable of handling unique and uneven terrains. effortlessly drive through hard or loose soil.
Are you looking for a quality but more affordable petrol lawnmower? Then look no further.
Its low initial investment is the best thing about this Yard Machine—It can’t get any cheaper than this.
But just because it’s affordable, it doesn’t mean it’s bad.
As expected, the lawnmower is powered by a small 140cc 4-stroke engine. It’s not the strongest you can find. Nevertheless, the horsepower supplied by the engine is more than enough for regular lawn mowing.
Like the previous lawn mower, this one also has the self-propulsion feature. The secret lies in the motor connected to the rear wheels. It provides all the necessary torque needed to push the entire machine. It might be small, but this lawn mower can handle sizable gardens.
You don’t have to use the self-propulsion feature. If you find it necessary, you can disengage the motor and manually push the lawnmower.
How is its cutting ability?
The lawnmower possesses a 21-inch blade.
Speaking of grass cuttings, this Yard Machine lawnmower has a 40-liter grass box fully equipped with handles for easy unloading. Furthermore, it also has an indicator that lets you know when the grass box is full.
Before we forget, this lawnmower is also height adjustable between 25mm and 60mm.
Unfortunately, because it lacks grass rollers, it can’t make stripes.
- It’s quite affordable for the value it brings to the table.
- It’s height adjustable (Up to 6 different heights).
- Its size is nice and small for those with small gardens.
- it’s a 2-in-1 lawnmower that handles mulching and side discharge.
- Not as powerful as the other lawnmowers.
Below are some of the factors you should consider as you shop for the best easy-start petrol lawnmower.
1. The Size of Your Garden
Large gardens will generally require powerful lawnmowers with strong engines and large fuel capacities (≥140cc).
On the other hand, you can get away with less powerful lawnmowers (99cc) in the case of small and medium-sized gardens.
2. Self-propelled Feature
We advise you to go for the self-propelled feature if you are going to buy large lawnmowers. Remember, the larger the lawnmower, the heavier it is.
3. Striped Grass
Do you love striped gardens? Then look for lawn mowers with grass rollers.
4. The Price
Most of the time, the lawnmower prices are directly proportional to the quality they offer.
Some people avoid spending more and go for cheap lawn mowers that are ineffective. With lawn mowers, sometimes spending more will save you more money in the future.
Once again, we remind you that buying things online comes with some risks.
Before purchasing, go through the customer reviews to see if the seller/manufacturer is faithful to his/her policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
A good quality lawn mower is efficient, durable, and easy to maintain.
Your petrol lawn mower should last for about 8 to 10 years.
Service your lawn mower at least once a year.
We’d advise you to clean your lawnmower after heavy use to avoid toughening of stains.
The majority of lawnmowers can withstand rain. However, we strongly advise against carelessly hosing your lawnmower (especially the engine). It’s better to use a brush and a little water to clean the lawnmower.