For a lawnmower to function efficiently and last for long, it has to be appropriately maintained. One of the maintenance practices that should be frequently done is degreasing.
5 Best-Selling Degreaser for Lawn Mowers
Table of Contents
- 1. Gunk Engine Degreaser
- 2. Wd40 Company 300363 Specialist Degreaser
- 3. Spray Nine 22732 Grez-Off Heavy-Duty Degreaser
- 4. Meguiar’s D10801 Super Degreaser
- 5. Permatex 80043 Eliminator II Engine Degreaser
- Buying Guide
- Benefits of Mowing Your Lawn
- Frequently Asked Questions
Degreasing removes grease, corrosion inhibitors, and oils from the engine. It also gets rid of the dirt that may reduce the efficiency of the engine if it accumulates too much. Degreasers are available in many forms, each having its own properties, and selecting the most effective one can be challenging, especially if it’s your first time buying it.
Here is a list of the best degreasers you can get for your mower.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Degreaser for Lawn Mowers
- gunk is a local family owned company based out of charlotte, nc. for more than 75 years, gunk products, developed by the people who use them, has earned the trust of hard-working tradesment and the active diyer through consistent, superior performance and a commitment to innovation.
- best selling engine degreaser
- quickly and easily removes the toughest grease, dirt and grime
- heavy duty cleaning formula packed with powerful degreasing solvents
The Gunk Engine Degreaser is ideal for those old, greasy lawnmower engines. It is very easy to use. You only need to spray it on the engine, then hose it off. There is no need to scrub it off. You just have to ensure that water doesn’t get into vital parts of the engine by covering them with a waterproof material.
It is also a multi-purpose product, meaning you can also use it for your car, bike, or other farm equipment.
After cleaning, it leaves the surface sparkling clean and shiny, without any form of residue or damage.
- wd-40 specialist industrial-strength cleaner & degreaser, 1 gallon
- powerful grease remover and grime fighter in a biodegradable bio-solvent formula with durable, shatter-resistance trigger
- safe to use on multiple surfaces. unlike other degreasers, this formula will prevent glass from etching and aluminum, copper, and metal from corroding and flash rust
- non-flammable, non-corrosive, non-abrasive, low-odor formula that can be used in food-processing facilities
- biodegradable formula meets u.s. epa safer choice standards and is 50-state voc compliant. nsf registered a1, a2, a4, a8, b1
The Wd40 Company 300363 specialist degreaser comes in a nice can with a handle, which makes carrying easy. This degreaser is water-based and non-flammable. You don’t have to use it in only open spaces since it does not pose fire hazards.
It has been created using a bio-solvent formula, making it a perfect cleaner with no harmful chemicals. It has corrosion inhibitors that protect your mower’s engine from rust. It also comes in 5 different sizes. You have the option to choose the size that will suit you.
This product does not have a strong odor, unlike some products that can greatly cause irritation. That makes it ideal for people who are overly sensitive to smell.
If your mower has already developed rust on some parts, this degreaser will remove them easily.
- professional strength heavy-duty degreaser that quickly blasts through tough grease and grime
- nonflammable, non-acidic, biodegradable formula that contains no harsh petroleum solvents, fumes or unpleasant odors
- usda approved and voc compliant in all 50 states
- provides a quick and effective solution to restore function and appearance
- suggested applications: engines, machinery, tools, work benches, garage floors/walls, condenser rolls, exhaust hoods, conveyors, vents, ovens, grills, trunks, trailers, rv's, industrial and farm equipment, mowers, stainless steel, chrome, concrete, asphalt, vinyl, rubber, plastic, metal and more
The spray Sine 22732 Grez-off Heavy-duty degreaser is non-flammable, biodegradable, and does not cause corrosion on your mower. It does not produce unpleasant smells or fumes that may make some people uncomfortable.
This degreaser works very fast, improving the efficiency and appearance of your mower. You only need to apply it to the mower, leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse.
Apart from cleaning a mower, it can also be used to clean workbenches, garage floors, concrete, and other farm equipment. It is easy to apply since it has a nozzle; you will not struggle to use it.
- strong and fast acting for the toughest jobs
- residue-free performance prevents unsightly white residue stains
- pleasant herbal fragrance
- quickly breaks down even the toughest grease
- easy to use, spray on and wipe off
The Meguiar’s d10801 Super Degreaser works very fast and removes even the most stubborn residues in your mower.
It is residue-free. You don’t have to worry about it leaving some stains on the lawnmower’s surface after cleaning.
Some degreasers usually have strong unpleasant odors, but this one is different, as it has an appealing herbal fragrance that will not leave you feeling unpleasant.
Something else incredible about this degreaser is that you can also use it for other purposes such as cleaning your leather surfaces and even carpets. It is not restricted to washing lawn mowers only.
- quickly dissolves and removes grease, oil and dirt from all types of equipment
- cleans iron, steel, aluminum, magnesium and copper
- not harmful to metal, rubber, plastic or concrete
- rinses off easily with water
- suggested applications: engines, garage floors, tools, machinery
The Permatex 80043 Eliminator II Engine Degreaser removes grease and other impurities from all kinds of equipment, whether made of steel, aluminum, iron, copper, or magnesium. That means when you buy it, it doesn’t have to be used exclusively on your mower.
Using it is easy; you only have to apply t on your equipment, let it rest for a few minutes then rinse it with water.
Another incredible feature about this product is that It will not cause corrosion on any material, be it metal, rubber, or plastic.
Before purchasing a degrease, here are some of the things you should consider.
Some degreasers are made of highly flammable products. While they can be cheap, these poses hazardous risks, especially when used in a confined place or near open flames. You can still get these degreasers but use them in adequately ventilated spaces, away from flames and sparks. Other degreasers are non-flammable, and don’t pose fire dangers. These are usually pricier but worth it.
When buying a degreaser for your mower, you might want to use it for other purposes, such as cleaning plastic surfaces. In this case, ensure that the degreaser is compatible with these materials to avoid damage.
Some degreasers are made of toxic substances that may cause health problems when your body comes into contact with them. That’s why it’s always crucial to read the usage instructions clearly before use. Luckily, safety regulations body have greatly helped in getting extremely toxic products out of the market.
Some products may require you to wear gloves and other protective gear. Ensure you follow all the guidelines given by the manufacturer.
If you are an environmental care enthusiast, you might go for a biodegradable degreaser. This helps in conserving the environment by reducing chemical waste disposal.
Benefits of Mowing Your Lawn
Mowing the lawn comes with several other benefits. These include:
1. Improves the Aesthetic Appeal of Your Home
A nicely trimmed lawn appears beautiful and makes your space orderly. It also increases its value. If you want to sell your property, buyers will easily fall in love with it and not hesitate to buy it. An untrimmed lawn makes a home look unattractive and pisses off potential buyers if it’s for sale.
2. Save Money
If you hire someone to help you mow the lawn, it is most probable that you will have to part ways with a decent amount of money to pay them. Since lawn mowing is not a one-time thing, you will be spending a lot of money, as long as you have a lawn, and you want to keep it kempt. If you choose to mow it yourself, you will save a lot of money in the long run. The only thing that should be your biggest concern is buying a lawnmower, which is a one-time thing unless you wish to replace it after some time. Mowers have a long life span if properly maintained. You will also have to spend money on fuel and maintenance, which is not comparable to hiring someone.
3. Keeps the Grass Healthy
Possibly keeping the grass healthy is the most important reason for mowing a lawn. Properly cut grass will absorb water and proper nutrients to promote good growth. Cutting it at appropriate heights ensures that the lawn does not develop uneven patches. It also helps prevents the growth of weeds, which would act as competitors with the grass. It also keeps pests away. Lawns with tall unkempt grass act as hosts for pests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Always shut off your mower or any other machine when degreasing. This is to avoid fire hazards, especially if you are using a flammable degreaser. Even if it is non-flammable, not shutting your machine off puts it at risk of electrical shorts.
A flammable degreaser can be a fire hazard, especially when used in confined spaces or near open flames. You can still use them but with a lot of caution. Non-flammable degreasers are much better, although they are a bit pricey.
Some degreasers will clean a surface and disinfect it too. This is determined by the products used to make it. However, not all degreasers are disinfectants.
When using a degreaser, you only need to apply it on a surface, let it rest for some minutes, and rinse it. How long you should let it rest is usually included in the usage instructions.
Always put your degreaser in an upright position, away from open fire or heat, especially if it’s flammable. Don’t leave your degreaser open, and remember to read the usage instructions to give you more guidelines on how to use it.
Some parts of a lawnmower engine are very sensitive and should not come into contact with the degreaser. These include ignition wires, control unit, and the battery.
Cleaning your lawnmower doesn’t have to be challenging if you have the right degreaser. A degreaser not only makes parts of a mower clean; it also increases its efficiency and life-span. It is much better than using water since you don’t have to scrub it. Just follow the usage instructions and follow all the safety precautions when using it to achieve satisfying results.