Nothing can replace the charm and glamour that a nicely mowed lawn adds to a home. It may require a lot of care and attention to get to this level, but its fascinating beauty is definitely worth every and sweat.
5 Best-Selling Compact Cordless Lawn Mowers
Table of Contents
- 1. Scotts Outdoor 40-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower
- 2. Greenworks 40V Cordless Twin Force Lawn Mower
- 3. Ego Power+ LM2100 Cordless Lawn Mower
- 4. Black+Decker CM1640 40v Max Cordless Lawn Mower
- 5. Ego Power+ LM2142sp 21-Inch Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Mowing your lawn regularly does not only make it look neat but also encourages it to thicken and grow evenly. Here is a review of the best compact cordless lawnmowers.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Compact Cordless Lawn Mowers
- powered by 40-volt 5ah lithium-ion battery and fast charger included; auto-adjust, 2-speed brushless motor for gas-like power, increased efficiency, and run-time
- 19" cutting width with durable steel deck; battery level indicator on control panel; led headlights for cutting your lawn at any time of day
- 3-in-1 mulching, side discharge, and rear-bagging system; grass catcher with plastic top and handle and 16 gal bag capacity; adjustable cutting height of 1.5"-3.75"
- easy-to-use steel telescoping, folding handle with quick-fold capabilities for convenient vertical storage; steel tube front guard and lift handle
- clean, mess-free alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers; battery compatible with all scotts 40-volt lithium-ion products
This cordless lawn mower comes with a 40V 5AH lithium-ion battery together with a fast charger. You won’t have to spend most of your time charging the batteries. The mower is also fitted with a battery level indicator that allows you to know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged.
Another great feature about Scotts Outdoor 40-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower is the LED headlights, which offer you the convenience to mow your lawn at any time of day, including dusk and dawn. The brushless motor fitted in this mower gives you gas-like performance and efficiency while saving you the hassles that come with owning and operating a gas mower.
It also has a 16 Gallon bag capacity and a durable steel deck with a cutting width of 19 inches, which makes it ideal for small size yards. Interestingly, the battery can also power all 40V lithium-ion products.
- Its batteries charge fast
- Has battery level indicator
- LED headlights for mowing convenience
- Not suitable for large lawns
- your purchase includes: g-max 25302 lawn mower (push button start & dual blades), battery charger and a 5ah battery
- fully charged 5ah lthium-ion battery gives it an approximate runtime of 60 minutes, option of extending this time with an extra battery port. run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas, while dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities
- item's weight is 40.5 lbs. includes 10 in. rear wheels and 7 in. front wheels for easy maneuver. use the lever to reach up to 5 height positions, for cutting range of 1-3/4' to 3-3/8'
- innovative smart cut technology adjust for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass. hard top rear bag indicates when the bag is full and needs to be emptied
Upon making your order, you get a G-max 25302 lawnmower, a 5AH battery, and its charger. The mower is also fitted with dual blades for a clean, perfect, and even cut.
It has a 60 minutes run-time, which varies depending on the grass condition and user’s mowing skills. However, there is a provision for an extra battery to extend the run-time. The mower is designed to automatically switch to the second battery if the other one is down.
With a 20-inch cutting deck, this mower is perfect for yards of approximately up to 1/3 Acre. The mower is also adjustable to 5 positions, which allows for precise cutting.
The mower also has a hard top rear, which shows when the bag is full and needs to be emptied.
- Fitted with dual blades
- Offers 60-minutes run time
- Easy maneuverability
- The battery is compatible with other Greenworks products
- A bit pricey
- 3-in-1 function – mulching, bagging, side discharge | product arrives assembled | does not include battery or charger | not self-propelled mower
- deck – 21” | 6-position cutting height adjustments – 1.5"- 4" | rear wheel size – 9-inches | up to 45 minutes of run time on single charge with the recommended 56v 5.0 ah arc lithium battery
- bright led headlights | weather resistant construction. front wheel size: 7 inch
- 1-handed height adjustment | quick and easy push-button start
- folds for compact storage | compatible with all ego 56v arc lithium batteries
Its 3-in-1 function (mulching, side discharge, and bagging) is one feature you will love about this lawnmower. The product comes assembled; hence you won’t have to worry about some parts missing or others not fitting in.
It also has a 21-inch cutting deck, which allows you to cut a large portion at a go. the machine is tough enough to handle all grass types. It is also weather resistant. It is designed to withstand all weather without getting damaged.
Furthermore, you can use the battery with all ego 56V ARC lithium batter
- 3-in-1 functions
- Wide cutting deck
- Not self-propelled
- height adjust- 6 settings, with a height of cut between 1-1/10" and 3-1/10"
- includes (2) 40v max lithium batteries
- folding handles for easy & convenient storage
- 9.5 gallon grass box designed with a soft fabric with hard top. included components: (2) lbxr2040 batteries, (1) lcs36 charger; power source: battery
The mower comes with (2) 40V max lithium battery and (1) LCS36 charger. It is equipped with a 9.5 Gal grass box that allows you to mow for long without emptying the bag often.
Additionally, it is easy to start since you only have to press a button to get it running. It is fitted with a 16-inch cutting deck that never rusts and is simple to clean. The mower is more suitable for smaller yards of up to 1/8 of an acre.
This mower is lightweight. With only 38pounds, it is easy to operate and maneuver the mower. Thanks to its weight, less effort is needed to operate it. This makes it easy for older adults or people with disabilities to operate it easily without much struggle.
If you have concerns about where you will store it, well, don’t think much about it since you can fold it easily and hang it in your garage.
- Has a grass box for collecting clippings
- Easy to operate
- It may not be suitable for larger yards due to its 16″ cutting deck.
- peakpower technology allows for combined power of any 2 ego arc lithium batteries.weather resistant construction
- up to 80 minutes of run time on single charge with two included 56v 5. 0 ah arc lithium batteries
- high-efficiency brushless motor
- variable speed self-propel: 0.9 mph – 3. 1 mph
- 6-position cutting height adjustments: 1. 5"- 4"
The mower is self-propelled and comes with (2)56V 5.0AH ARC lithium battery, which gives you a run-time of 80minutes on a single charge. It allows you to cover a large portion of your yard without having to recharge the batteries often.
It’s adjustable in 6-positions. Hence you can easily maneuver it to get that net and clean cut you much anticipate for. It also has a 21″ cutting deck, which facilities for wide coverage when mowing. This mower is perfect for larger yards.
It also has LED headlights and a brushless motor, which gives you the efficiency and performance you deserve when mowing.
In addition, you don’t have to worry about having large space to store it since by just folding it up, it can fit in small spaces.
- 80 minutes run time
- Easy maneuverability
- Suitable for larger yards
- LED headlights
- A bit heavy
1. Lawn size
The type of mower you purchase will mostly be determined by your lawn’s size and the type of grass you have. You will require a powerful machine for larger lawns that can get the work done effortlessly and within a short period while still achieving the perfect cut you want. Let the size and needs of your lawn guide you into buying the right mower for you.
This is another factor you may want to consider, especially if you have issues pushing or pulling heavy weights. There are numerous lawnmowers with different weights you can choose from without compromising the machine’s quality. For instance, you can get a mower that weighs less but still very efficient and reliable. Don’t let your mower’s weight be the hindrance to a better mowing Experience when you have an option.
3. Battery life
As much as you want a compact cordless lawn mower, you also need to look at the battery life aspect. Your mower should give you a reasonable run-time before the next charge, and you should not spend most of your time charging it. A good battery should be reliable and dependable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most compact cordless lawn mowers will last for about 7 years if they are well cared for and used appropriately. Human error is one factor that can diminish the life of a mowers battery.
You don’t have to wait for your battery to die for you to replace it. If it can’t hold a charge for long or charges extremely slowly, it might be time to have it replaced.
Several issues can cause the mower not to start ranging from, dirty air filters, dead battery to Spark plug problems. If you are not sure where the problem is, you can consult an expert to help you.