Chainsaws tend to be on the pricey side especially if you are looking for a high-powered model. Getting a high-quality chainsaw that is still budget-friendly can, therefore, be a daunting task. Fortunately, chainsaw technology has come a long way, and getting a cheap chainsaw does not necessarily require you to compromise on quality.
Depending on your needs, you have access to various options when it comes to budget chainsaws. Our top 5 recommendations and quick buying guide will help you pick the best cheap chainsaw for your needs.
5 Best-Selling Cheap Chainsaw
Table of Contents
- 1. Black +Decker Cordless Chainsaw
- 2. Remington Gas Powered Chainsaw
- 3. Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw
- 4. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
- 5. Oregon Corded Electric Chainsaw
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Cheap Chainsaw
1. Black +Decker Cordless Chainsaw
BLACKDECKER 20V MAX Cordless ( 10-Inch (LCS1020))
- tool free blade tension system for improved ease of use & quick adjustments
- lightweight design for ease of maneuverability & reduced fatigue
- improved oiling system with clear window to gauge oil level
This is a compact, battery-operated chainsaw with a 10-inch chain. It is a practical solution for light cutting jobs and comes with an efficient 20-volt battery. The blade tensioner is tool-less and enables you to make adjustments easily as you work.
- A low kickback bar and chain for added safety
- Easy wrap-around grip for easy use.
- Cordless and easily portable
2. Remington Gas Powered Chainsaw
If you want a powerful chainsaw that is still easy to operate, this Remington chainsaw is a good option. It is designed for comfort and comes with an anti-vibration system as well as a cushion wrap handle. The handy case makes it easy to carry this Remington chainsaw from one point to another.
- Quick start technology for easy revving and start-up
- Adjustable automatic oiler
- Tool-free access to filter and spark plug.
3. Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw
WORX WG322 20V Power ( Chainsaw With Auto-Tension)
- [fast, clean cuts] this cordless 20v powershare chain saw is as fast and powerful as anything in its class. and with no gas and no cord, there’s much less muss and fuss
- [auto-chain tension] the automatic, tool-free chain tension system ensures you’ll always have the correct tension for the job at hand
- [same battery, expandable power] the same battery powers over 75plus 20v, 40v, and 80v lifestyle, garden, and power tools in the power share family
- [auto-chain lubrication] the automatic chain lubrication system not only makes for smoother, more efficient cuts, it extends the life of the tool. and the oil level indicator lets you know exactly where you stand
- [compact, lightweight] it weighs 6.2 lbs., about as much as a 2-liter bottle of soda. you’ll work longer, with less strain
This 20-volt chainsaw from Worx comes with a 10-inch chain designed to handle light and moderate cutting jobs. It is a lightweight chainsaw at only 6lb making it easy to operate and transport. It can also be easily converted into an extension saw making it one of the most versatile budget chainsaws available.
- Low chain and bar kickback for enhanced safety
- Low vibration for easy use
- Fast chain speed for maximum cutting efficiency
4. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
Greenworks 40V 12 Chainsaw ( And Charger Included)
- 40v compact chainsaw – perfect for homeowners and occasional users
- 12" bar and chain – low kickback safety chain with hand guard for added protection
- automatic oiler - applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use
- tool-less tensioning – for easy bar and chain maintenance
- easy to use – electric start, no gas or fumes, no carburetor, no spark plug, and no starter rope
This budget chainsaw is built for high performance and durability. It comes with a 12-inch steel chain and tool-less chain tensioning for efficient cutting. The automatic oiler keeps the bar and chain in optimum condition ensuring durability and steady performance. You can keep track of your oil level at all times since this chainsaw has a translucent oil tank.
- Wrap around handle for easy handling
- Fade-free power that retains memory after charging
- Self-oiling mechanism
5. Oregon Corded Electric Chainsaw
Oregon CS1500 18inch 15 ( System (PowerSharp), 2-Year Warranty, 120V)
- powerful performance: 15a electric chainsaw with integrated self-sharpening system (powersharp). the perfect chainsaw for homeowners and diy, with long-lasting 18-inch guide bar
- built-in powersharp self-sharpening system minimizes downtime by sharpening your chain in 3 to 5 seconds. ergonomic design features chain brake for safety. lightweight design.
- tensioning without tools: allows you to adjust your chain quickly and easily so that you can maintain the perfect tension, for the ideal cut, with next to no maintenance
- instant startup: corded electric chainsaws gets to work immediately. low noise: makes less noise than a gasoline chainsaw. no assembly required, chainsaw comes pre-assembled. ul certified & comes with 2-year warranty
- automatic lubrication: automatic oiling system that provide continuous lubrification to the bar & chain from the oil tank. it keeps the chain lubricated for less friction, to extend the life of your chain even in harsh environments
This cheap electric chainsaw from Oregon comes with a self-sharpening chain. It is in start meaning there are no pull cords and no oil mixing to contend with. The compact body makes it easy to transport and handle. For cutting efficiency, this chainsaw has a built-in oiling system.
- Low noise and low vibration for enhanced comfort
- Easy to handle lightweight and balanced ergonomic design
- In-built self-sharpening chain mechanism
Performance, safety, and durability should still be top priorities when looking for a cheap chainsaw for your cutting needs. Since there are plenty of budget chainsaws available in the market, here are a few pointers to help you pick the best one for your needs.
1. Consider the projects you will be using the chainsaw for
Depending on what you need the chainsaw for, some chainsaws will be more suitable than others. So, whether you want a chainsaw for cutting down trees, splitting firewood, or a multipurpose chainsaw, choose based on your needs.
Most cheap chainsaws come with bar lengths that range from 6-18 inches. For heavier cutting jobs, longer bars may be more efficient than shorter ones. For small cutting jobs you can opt for chainsaws with a shorter bar.
Gas-powered chainsaws tend to be more powerful and therefore better suited for heavier cutting tasks than electric or battery charged chainsaws. On the other hand, battery charged chainsaws give you more freedom of movements since you can carry them anywhere.
Electrically powered chainsaws will limit your movement to the length of the cord and will therefore not be suitable for tasks that are far from a power source or outlet.
2. Go for chainsaws with enhanced safety features
Just because you are buying a cheap chainsaw, doesnâ€™t mean you need to compromise on safety and ease of use. There are plenty of budget-friendly chainsaws that come with enhanced safety features such as safety chain brakes and anti-vibration technology.
Cushion wrap handles also give you a better grip and make the chainsaw easy to handle and operate. Lightweight chainsaws are also easier to handle and operate and make a good option if you will be using the chainsaw for extended periods of time.
3. Decide on the type of chainsaw that will serve you best
Chainsaws come in different types. There are electric chainsaws, gas-powered chainsaws, and battery-operated chainsaws. Gas-powered chainsaws are typically more powerful than the other two types and will, therefore, make the best choice for heavy cutting jobs.
Battery operated chainsaws are very convenient for jobs that need you to use the chainsaw in any location. However, the battery may not last long enough if you have cutting jobs that will require extended lengths of time.
Electric chainsaws are easy to operate and do not require oil mixing or warm-up. However, since they need to be connected to a power outlet, the range within which you can use them is limited by the length of the cord.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leaking oil can be caused by an overfilled reservoir or a faulty fill plug. It is also possible for oil to leak through the chain oiling line.
If your chain keeps getting dull, it may be due to putting too steep of an angle on the cutters causing them to dull quickly. Alternatively, if your rakers are too far down, it may cause your chain to become dull quickly.
Gas-powered chainsaws are generally more powerful than electric chainsaws thus better for heavy cutting jobs. However, electric chainsaws lightweight and easier to operate.
Cheap chainsaws can be used for felling small and medium-sized trees, cutting firewood and pruning. They make a practical choice if you do not have any heavy-duty cutting projects.
Electric powered chainsaws are the easiest to start. They typically do not require any warm-up and have no pull cords.
Cheap chainsaws will set you back anywhere between $ 80 to $ 200. Depending on your needs, there are practical and efficient chainsaws that come at a budget-friendly price. Choose one based on your needs and the kind of cutting projects that you will most often use the chainsaw for. Always have your safety and ease of use as your primary considerations whichever type of chainsaw you decide to go for.